I took the first half of the week off so I could enjoy a mini-vacation to San Antonio with the family. We left Monday and came back really late Wednesday night and stayed at the Marriott Rivercenter which is right on the River Walk. It was so nice! The nicest thing is that we literally had no schedule, so we did as we pleased. After getting there Monday, we met up with the Jones’ (aka, my boss) and had dinner with them at Iron Cactus. Since it was my first real meal of the day, I ate it up like there was no tomorrow. My chicken fajitas melted in my mouth! After dinner we just walked around, remembered The Alamo, and then made the trek through all the touristy Alamo Plaza Attractions. My favorite of all of those, you know, besides the beloved Alamo, were the Guinness World Records Museum and this crazy mirror maze and entrapment obstacle course. You bet your bottom dollar that Kevyn and I were the first to sign up for the mirror maze and entrapment course, and it did not disappoint. I felt like I was in the movie, Entrapment. I never said I exceeded at the course, but it was thrilling nonetheless.
Tuesday we slept in, ate breakfast at the ever so faithful Denny’s, and then while Mom and I laid by the pool for a couple of hours, Kevyn and Dad relaxed in the room and then did some other touristy things like visit the Menger Hotel/Bar that is century’s old. I was perfectly fine laying by the pool. That night we took it easy, then got ready and ate at Tony Roma’s. Sitting outside that night for dinner was such a treat and it was perfect. We truly could not have asked for more beautiful weather the whole week. It was especially nice because the week prior the weather was disgusting, cold and rainy. Once dinner settled, we took the boat ride on the River Walk. My parents told me I’ve ridden it, but at the age of three, I don’t remember anything. It was so interesting to hear more about the history of not on the River Walk, but also of San Antonio. After the boat ride we went to a restaurant in the hotel and had the tastiest, most richest dessert of all time. To say I indulged to my hearts delight is an understatement.
Wednesday we slept in some, than after I retrieved some Starbucks that was just in the lobby of my hotel, I joined the rest of the crew in the Concierge Lounge where we enjoyed a nice breakfast. My Dad is pretty much a rock star with Marriott because it is his home away from home. Literally. He travels more often than not! Later that afternoon we headed to Austin where my Dad met up with his friend and they played a quick show at the SXSW Festival. When that was over, later that night, we made the trek back to Houston. It made for a late night, but it was so worth it. Our mini-trip was fabulous!
Thursday and Friday I worked and the office was eerily quiet. Since most of my co-workers have little cherubs, they too took off for the week. As much as I don’t love a quiet, non-active office, it is a nice change every now and then.
That evening, Raven was actually in town at her sisters house for a few Wedding Showers, so I went over there and hung out with her for the night. It was so good to actually see her face! She is doing well, but still has some healing to do, and still hasn’t gone to any classes. Fortunately, Spring Break is this week, so she is off, but still. I heard the entire story about her accident and it is so scary, y’all. After the story I looked at the pictures of her car, and it is truly a miracle that she actually walked away from the accident. Praise the Lord she wasn’t hurt worse. However, I know she would still greatly appreciate your prayers as she heals! She still can’t do that much.
Friday I met up with sweet Sara for lunch, and it was such a fun treat. She is such a fine young lady and I just love her to pieces! (I love her Mama, too!) We had a scrumptious meal at the good ole’ Chick-Fil-A and just chatted it up. Normally I see her in passing or just a church for a few minutes, so it was good to be able to just talk with not interruptions or everybody scurrying around.
Today was a full day of many fun things. It started out this morning meeting Mr. Nate at a Baby Shower for Erica. If you don’t know her story, go check out her blog. Needless to say, the Lord has been faithful to her and her waiting and she is absolutely glowing as a new Mommy. I am tickled pink (or blue!) for her.
After the shower I met up with my Ft. Worth friend, Jennifer for lunch at Texas Roadhouse, where we were called “Se*y Ladies!” by our waitress more times than we wanted to hear. It was so weird and we were beyond tickled. Seeing my two Ft. Worth girls in a matter of 24 hours, warmed my heart.
On my way home from lunch, Jen called and wanted to know if I wanted to meet her at the hospital to meet Mr. Dean. Of course I did not object and headed right over there. Y’all, he is just the most perfect, handsome, tiny little boy that will surely break some hearts along the way. Holding him was the highlight of my day. To see pictures of this precious little thing, go visit Jaclyn’s blog! They’re home as of this evening, so now is when all of the fun and fun stories will start. I can't wait, especially with Miss Parker, the big sister!
I came home for a brief moment, only to freshen up and go to Sally’s for an open house they were having. They had folks over to talk about their time in North Africa and to tell the people what their plans are from here on out, which is attend Seminary in Louisville, Kentucky. I have the grand privilege in early April to make the 17 hour drive with Sal and the two boys to their new place. She and Jon are driving up separately, so they can have both cars, and frankly, Sally can’t make the drive on her own with a seven month old and a two year old, so I am helping. I love those boys like no other, so I am really excited! I am sure by the time I get back, I will have more stories than you will ever want to hear.
Needless to say, it has been a great week. And one with not much internet which has been great! I needed a good break. And goodness knows, y’all haven’t gone anywhere. I only had about 98 posts to catch up on once we got home Wednesday night. Y’all can tear it up in the blogging world!
If you made it to then end of this outrageously long post, bless you.
And on that note, enjoy entirely too many pictures of our delightful little trip.
The little family, minus Brien, whom we missed dearly!
The tallest man in history, with the largest hands. I've never felt so short. (However, I've wondered all week if this man was taller than Goliath? I don't think he is, but I am no theologian.)
Seriously, read this for yourself!
So sad, but this is the World's Largest Waist. This man weighed about 1400 lbs.
The wax dinosaur. Scary. (And huge!)
One of the distorted mirrors. We have abnormally long torsos. (And do you see the Alamo so perfectly centered between our heads?!)
7 comments:
Oh my, that dessert does look sinful :)
I have to say that you have an adorable family... You can tell even through your pictures that you have a lot of love between you all. What a blessing Lindsee!!
Hey Lindsee Lou!
Can you believe the whole time we were in San Antonio I never even went to the Alamo! Craziness!
this post made me homesick for you girls. We've got to get together someway, somehow soon! If you end up in Nashville visiting girlfriends, I'd better hear about it!
Looks like you had a fabulous week. Now I would say you need a break from your break! :) Love all the pics...too fun!
BFF :) girlfriend i am getting more and more familiar with changing backgrounds, adding music, changing pics etc :) It was a days work!! HA!!
Loved all the pics!!! SA sounds so fun right this very moment!! I am just dying for some warm weather!!! ITs mighty chilly here this morning!!!
I love you dearly. please excuse my tardiness at returning the phone call! We need to set a day!!!
I miss you more than words could ever describe...i wish more than anyhing we could run errands today and possible go get a new shirt :))))
hugs darling!!
Joanna
This makes me miss everyone! A bunch of us took a boat ride when we were in San Antone! I wish that ya'll had been on our boat tour!!
I am glad you had a great time and I am looking forward to next January when we come to Houston. :)
Sweet Lindsee
FYI:
I just put up a post on a Christian movie that is coming out on Friday... I am encouraging all to go see it if it is playing in their movie theaters... A did a tiny write up about it on my bloggy..
Blessings, Kim
Lindsee, listen...hear me...you are so very beautiful!
Now, read that again.
Love you!
Holly
Post a Comment