Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Dinner + Girls + Bloggers = Blissful

What happens when you get a handful of bloggers together in one room for the first time? You have a blogup. Yes, I just made up that word. Taken from blog meet-up. You’re welcome.

And we had ourselves just that, a mighty fine blogup last night! It was so much fun and I’m pretty sure I went to bed last night laughing. But what else should I expect besides side splitting laughter? It was great not only hang out with some super fun bloggers that I’ve loved for a while now, but also meeting some new bloggers. Not necessarily new to blogging, but new to me!

The best thing about blogups is that you already know so much about each other. Or at least what has been shared on ye old blog! It’s kind of creepy if you think about it too much, but what most people like to call stalking, we just call blogging. It’s all relative, eh?

I was definitely the only single girl representing, but seriously? Could there be more fun people around? Goodness gracious. Let’s just say they bestowed a lot of wisdom on this single gal.

I may have been the only single one, but I most definitely wasn’t the youngest one since sweet Debra brought Mr. Jude with her. I was delighted and pretty much stole the child. I just needed that baby fix and Jude did not disappoint. A 4 week old baby melts my heart every time! Debra is every woman. And I thank her for letting me love on her baby.

All in all the night was a blast and I cannot wait to do it again. And soon! Thank you so much, Missy, for organizing everything and for the invite. (I'm thankful I checked my old email!) You’re awesome and I know we all appreciate you greatly. So, when’s the next blogup?!

It's not a blog event without a camera. Or 10 for that matter.

Here we have me, Ashley, Missy B., and Debra!

Me and Heather! (And just for the record, I'm not sure what my bangs were doing last night. It was pretty much an epic fail.)

So much fun! I think we had just finished laughing off our dinner. (Photo courtesy of Callie!)
I mainly stole this picture because I can only imagine what was being discussed. Let's just say I gained some wisdom. (The rest of the pictures I stole from Missy!)

Baby Jude! Love him.
All of the super fun bloggers! My only regret is that I didn't get to talk to everybody. Which means we'll HAVE to do it again. And soon!


13 comments:

Patty said...

I love it and I am so stealing your word, blogup, perfect!!

I can't believe how long your hair is , gorgeous!

Blogups are so much fun!! The picture with all the cameras cracked me up, it is so true, we all have a camera and it takes forever to take pictures but it is so much fun!

See you tomorrow night!

Jennifer said...

Looks like it was so much fun!!!

Heather said...

I had so much fun with all you girls!! Lindsee you are as sweet as they come, I have so enjoyed getting to know you and very excited to spend more time with you this weekend!! BTW, your bangs look GREAT!!!!!!

beckyjomama said...

How fun!!! Those are some great women to be gettin some knowledge from!

Plus - "It’s kind of creepy if you think about it too much, but what most people like to call stalking, we just call blogging." - Quote of the year! LOVE IT!

Vivian said...

Awww... I want to attend a blogup, lol!! Maybe someday, if I am invited! Looks like it was awesome fun!!

Callie said...

I'm with Heather! I thought your bangs were great! I've always wanted to pull them off and they look so cute on you! I digress....dinner was SO much fun and I hope you gained LOTS of new wisdom. Trust me, you are going to need it one day and all of your fellow bloggers will be just a click away :)! I have much much more wisdom to share, so let's get together soon!!!

Michelle Potter said...

I had a really great time, too, and it was good to meet you!

Ashley McWhorter said...

Yes, I am with Callie. LOVED the bangs and don't you worry, we have SO much more wisdom to share with you! We must do this again very, very soon!! Did I hear mention of a baking day? Hmmmmm...:)

Amanda said...

Yes, there was totally a baking day mentioned. Baking Blogup 2010!

Ashley McWhorter said...

Baking Blogup 2010...PERFECT!!! :)

Missy said...

Lindsee...it was SOOOOO much fun hanging out on Tuesday! Baking day is definitely coming soon. Will Feb. 6th work for you??? Gym date is also in our future.

Fran said...

I love these pix and would you tell that precious Debra that her baby is THECUTESTTHINGEVER??!!!!
Also, praying for Debra and family as they bring their son home from Haiti.

Love ya girl. My heart is with y'all this weekend. What a blessing you are having.

Hugs,
Fran

Anonymous said...

FUN! Just so you know, if I'd had another boy his name would have been Jude. The most awesome boy name for sure.