It didn't take me long to find my little guy. He had my birthday and was in need of a sponsor and quick! I thought I wanted a girl, but he was a cutie and hard to pass up.
My fears of sponsoring a child were that I would simply get the money taken out of my account each month, not notice it was even gone, and forget to pray or write to him.
Stupid, stupid fears.
It's been quite the opposite. Thank you, Jesus!
Me and my little buddy have written back and forth to each other countless times and I feel like I'm getting to see his personality. He just turned 8.
These past few weeks Compassion has been on my heart even more as just yesterday they took their sixth compassion blogger trip to Guatemala. When I learned that Amanda, one of my favorite bloggers, was going, I knew I'd be following the trip. I'll be honest and tell you that I've only followed 2 other trips, but neither have disappointed.
Not only that, but just last week I got 2 letters from Jhon. (Yes, that's how he spells his name. Yet another thing we have in common.) They were so sweet and each made my heart melt.
You know my favorite thing about his last letter?
He was telling me that this summer he'd really been reading a lot and his favorite book, by far, was George, the Curious One. That translates to Curious George. From now until forever I will always refer to the Curious George series as George, the Curious One. Seriously, so darling.
You know what else he told me?
That he memorized John 3:16 and wanted me to be very proud of him. Oh, I'm proud of you, buddy, so very proud. He melts my heart, and I don't even know him.
I'm writing all this to say, if you haven't taken the time or opportunity to sponsor a child, I highly encourage you to do so.
It is THE greatest blessing.
Also, please pray for the Compassion team this week as they open up their hearts and share the love with the little Guatemala children. And as some of them meet their child. Oh, if only!
I love my little Jhon. And I promise you'll love your little buddy, too.
2 comments:
We got two letters last week from our sweet Annitha too!! I was so happy!
I have one in Ethiopia! She is precious. You are so right, its the biggest blessing!
Post a Comment