Which means I'm at home.
Which means I should be cleaning, or at least, cleaning out all the junk in my room. Especially since having a garage sale is of utmost importance to fund my future move.
But, I got all distracted and started reading back on some of my old posts. I've been blogging since January of 2007 so there have definitely been some doozies. A lot can happen in almost four years. I had some fun reading back, so I thought, hey, maybe they will too. In all honesty, I can't believe I've been blogging that long. I don't post near as much as I used to, but oh, I love it.
So for your reading pleasure, or not, here are some of my favs.
A walk down archive memory lane...
Apparently, I have very long arms.
Girl's Weeked's are always fun to look back on. We hit up Louisiana in 2007 and Vegas in 2008. Where oh where shall we go next?
All three of my BFF's got hitched. And I love their husbands.
I starred as Sharpay in my acting debut in our VBS skits as an intern. It was a blast!
One night I was told to be quiet at an Astros game because this man's daughter was trying to sleep. Um, weird.
One time all of Huntsville was on lock-down because a prisoner escaped. He happened to commit a crime in my apartment parking lot.
I'll never forget the day I got baptized.
You can't expect someone else to start a revival in your church, besides the Holy Spirit, it has to begin with you. And so I prayed that.
I spent one Halloween as an old lady and a bottle of ketchup. I had an identity crisis.
I ended some sweet, sweet seasons, like TRUTH, my favorite Tuesday night Bible study with Afshin Ziafat, and Phi Lamb, the best Christian sorority around.
Two planks of wood came flying at me and into my windshield. Scariest moment of my life, by far. Praise the Lord for His protection!
I started Student Teaching and got THE best assignment with my old second grade teacher.
I took an accidental shower at 2:20 in the morning. It was all a fluke! And absolutely hilarious!
I had the opportunity of a lifetime, along with Jen and my brothers and had the great privilege of singing at the Superbowl with Josh Groban. And it wasn't a dream!
This might be my favorite post ever, but when my third grade assignment was over, the kids wrote me the sweetest and most hilarious cards ever. Highlight of my year!
The course of my life after college took a dramatic turn when I followed the call of ministry instead of teaching. And then I started my first day of work.
I graduated from college! Praise the Good Lord!
Who doesn't love some Mac Book photo booth fun?!
I became a bit of a grown up and bought my very own car!
We survived Hurricane Ike. But hunkering down during a hurricane was no fun. Actually, a bit scary.
I had one of the most awkward experiences of my life when I purchased some unmentionables at Target. But oh, the cashier? One of my high school boys.
LIT, with Beth Moore and her daughter Melissa was and still is, one of my all time favorite Bible studies I got to attend. So much so, that I wrote about it a few times.
Once LIT was over, I got the sweetest verbal and written blessing from Beth and Melissa that I will treasure always. If anyone's taught me to live my faith out scared, it's them.
I planned my first of Girl's Retreat. It was a sweet memory and huge learning experience. I'm now going on my third...this November!
I don't know my future husband's name, but I pray for him anyway.
There really is an art to hugging. No more awkward hugs, people. No more.
Um, so I went a little overboard. But seriously, this is why I love blogging so much! It's SO neat to me to look back on all that's gone on. No doubt, it's my electronic scrapbook. And please don't feel the need to click on all thirty of the posts I linked to. That is unless you want to be reading until midnight.
Happy Monday, y'all.
2 comments:
That's a lot of link love friend!! The long arms post is hilarious!! I am going to go read a few of these! I hope your Monday was fabulous!
I loved reading some of your past favorites. Thanks for all of the links!!
Post a Comment