If you’re not familiar with Glamour Shots, basically, you go to a studio where they do your hair and make-up, you know, make you look all glamorous and junk, and then they do a photo shoot. I guess you could compare it to Toddlers and Tiaras except for the fact that it’s much less involved, much less freaky looking, and clearly, I was not a toddler. You can image at the ripe age of ten just how exciting that would be, especially for a girl who was naive on the topic of anything glamour.
A few weeks ago at dinner, the topic of Glamour Shots came up. I’m honestly not sure how we got started on that one, but then again, how do we get started on any conversation we have? We are ramblers at best.
That night I kind of forgot about it, but then the other night I remember that I promised I would share mine if Missy shared hers as well. So I went searching.
Actually, that is how this entire post came about. Underneath all my awkward photos, were my very glamorous shots. I gave a shout of praise upon finding them because, if I’m being frank, it redeemed all the years that had been lost in the glamour department.
And let it be said that if you notice anything, notice how they worked the cowlick to my advantage. Yes, it can be done, ladies. Even a cowlick has its perks. Perks of big bangs and most importantly, Texas sized hair.
This particular photo was not only framed and hung in our living room for some time, it is now hanging in our stairwell, and just the other night I learned that it was also put in their magazine for an ad. Um, I had no idea I was famous! My parents are obviously holding out on me.

Um, I'd say this is the scariest of them all. Seductive much? This was also my dad's least favorite photo, if you can imagine.

What was it with the head tilt? Anybody?

Check out that choker!

And there you have it, folks. Oh, the sweet Glamour Shots. What a glamorous time it was.
Did you do Glamour Shots? If so, I think I might need to check yours out. Just sayin'.
13 comments:
You kinda remind me of Jon Benet in a few of these. Not gonna lie.
I love you, my beautiful BFF! :)
Didn't every little girl in Texas do Glamour Shots? I have them done with my 2 sisters. I am definately going to have to pull those out and post them.
Am seriously impressed with your self-confidence to post old pictures for all the world to see (not that you have anything to hide, you cutie-patootie!). I just have MANY pictures of my awkward years that I would like to burn!!
Ummmmmmm, I’m jealous!!!!! I sooooo wanted to do Glamour Shots when I was younger but was deprived of the glamorous experience ! Loved this post :)
Like Lauren, I was totally deprived of this experience and bitter. You were precious.
You are making me want to pull mine out. Must find them soon.
Oh my gosh...are you going to make me dig out my Glamour Shots? Hahaha, oh the memories!
I, too, was totally deprived of Glamour Shots. So, so sad!
Ok I need to dig mine out. I don't know HOW I ever talked my parents into it but you are just adorable!
I am giggling right now!! I think this doesn't even look like you! This is so fun, I might have to pull out some of mine! Love seeing these pics friend!
I should say that I'm not giggling at you, I'm giggling just remembering the experience for me. You are precious.
I always wanted glamour shots...but my parent's never let me get them. Too bad they don't have them now because I would DEFINITELY use my hard earned money to get some of those pictures with the feather boa!
i definately did glamour shots!! in one of mine there was a patriot theme- WHO KNOWS WHY?? and i wore a very very sparkly, vest of the american flag and a bedazzled baseball cap. WHY?? they were so very fun though haha i just might have to post them!
love you and loved your GS!!
Post a Comment