Tonight's blog material is brought to you by my funny roommates. I am thankful for them as I had no idea what I was going to post on and they gave me some epic material. Thank God for them.
Presenting: A little peek into my everyday home life.
Scene: Walking into my apartment after work, roommate #1 is in the kitchen cooking (we'll refer to her as R1), roommates boyfriend is sitting at the kitchen table working on his computer (we'll refer to him as R1B), roommate #2 is in her bedroom (we'll refer to her as R2).
Lindsee enters apartment.
Lindsee: Y'all, what in the world is that smell? Is something burning?
R1: I don't smell anything.
R1B: Nothing smells weird. I can't smell anything. Did someone pass gas? (Typical boy.)
Lindsee: Seriously, y'all. It is awful. It smells like something is on fire. Like plastic or something.
R1B: Really? I think it smells fine.
Lindsee: (Really starting to freak out and close to dialing 911.) Ben, I need you to walk outside and walk back in and see if you smell anything.
R1B: Walks outside, comes back in.) Nope. Nothing. I don't know what you're talking about.
Lindsee: (Starting to feel hot and getting more nervous.) Michaela, do you smell that? What in the world?
R2: I don't smell anything.
Lindsee: Okay, y'all are so weird. It does not smell right in here.
R1: That's just so weird, we haven't smelled anything all night.
Lindsee: How in the world? Did y'all just blow out a candle?
R1B: (Dying laughing) Okay, I can't keep a straight face anymore. We're totally messing with you.
Lindsee: WHAT IN THE WORLD IS GOING ON?
R2: Yeah, the top of one of Bethany's travel mugs fell to on the heater at the bottom of the dishwasher and burned up? (Pulls down the dishwasher door and shows me the burned plastic.)
Lindsee: Seriously? Y'all were killing me.
R1B: At least you were really persistent.
Lindsee: Well I wasn't going to let our apartment burn down.
Proof of the burnt travel mug top.
About an hour later I was looking at our refrigerator contemplating what small amount of food I was going to ingest. (I eat such huge lunches I'm never hungry for dinner.) I noticed a new drawing hanging up so I asked Bethany about it. She proceeded to tell me that a little boy came knocking on our door selling this drawing for fifty cents. He explained to her that he was saving up for a new book. How in the world could anyone resist that cuteness? She gave him what she had and in return we have this hanging on our fridge. Our very own hand-drawn picture of Albert Einstein. I imagine it will be hanging up until we move out. In fact, I hope he comes back and sells us more pictures.
Lastly, my roommate Michaela, who is a high school photo and art teacher learned how to shuffle today thanks to her students. Although we're not near as coordinated, she tried to teach us how to shuffle. Ben got it on video. Classic. I have no moves whatsoever. Shuffle fail, folks. Shuffle fail.
Did I really just post that?

3 comments:
Love the video and you weren't THAT bad, Lindsee... with a little practice you might just get it down! :) And the roommate story... hilarious... totally something my hub & friends would do! Stories of jokes like this are the ones we remember forever and laugh about through our lifetime!
Haha..that's fantastic..I have some videos of my old roommate and I dancing and just being silly. Good times! Enjoy it!! :)
That conversation with your roommates had me laughing out loud. Too funny! And you were shufflin' pretty well!
Post a Comment