I am that girl that if I like a song, I listen to it on repeat until I feel like I'm going to puke. It's just my personality, I do that with a lot of things. My mantra is go big or go home, right?
Anyone reading this that knows me personally is probably shaking their head in agreement and praying for an intervention. But that's just how I roll.
Recently, I was in my iTunes account and under the columns, for whatever reason, I clicked on "Plays". What that does is it sorts your songs in order by the number of times they've been played. Very fascinating if you ask me. If I am correct, I think they compile both the number of times played on your iPod as well as your computer, but I could also be telling myself that so I'll feel better about my OCD like tendencies.
With that said, I thought it would be fun to list my top ten most played songs currently in my iTunes account.
All I can say is take it or leave it.
1) Carry Your Name by Christy Nockels - Play count: 442
I know, it's ridiculous. It's even more insane when I tell you that I've only owned that song since March. Whoa. However, it expressed my heart in a way I can't. It puts the perfect words in my heart and mouth. My desire is that I would carry the name of Jesus Christ well, and not just talk about carrying it well, but actually do it. I LOVE this song. But it's not like I had to tell you that.
2) I Feel Pretty/Unpretty by Glee Cast - Play count: 245
How ironic that this comes in at number two? Truth be told, the tune and the harmonies of this is why I love it so much. I simply love singing it. And if I really got deep, it could definitely be a reflection of my heart every now and then. Some days I feel pretty and some days I don't. Are you inspired? ; )
3) Christ Is Risen by Shane & Shane - Play count: 231
No explanation needed. Just read the lyrics to the chorus, "Christ is risen from the dead, trampling over death by death, come awake, come awake, come and rise up from the grave!" Can I get an amen? You can read the rest of the lyrics here.
4) Less Than Perfect by Pink - Play count: 228
Hanging my head in shame. Like the tune, hate the lyrics. Love to workout to it. Enough said.
5) Rhythm of Love by the Plain White T's - Play count: 217
I have no reason why this song ranks so high in my play list. It's fairly new to me. But oh well, iTunes can't lie. However, it is a catchy song.
6) Come Rest by Lindsay McCaul - Play count: 200
"Busy, busy me full of self-sufficiency, I have tried so fervently to earn your love." Story of my life. My soul ate this song alive the first time I heard it. Oh, how I try so hard to earn Christ's love by doing, doing, doing and knowing that I can't. He loves me no matter what. And you too. I want my sufficiency to be found in Christ.
7) Just a Kiss by Lady Antebellum - Play count: 199
Lady A is quickly becoming one of my country favorites. They put on a great show at the Houston Rodeo last March and it was so fun. They entertain me.
8) I Lift My Hands by Chris Tomlin - Play count: 185
You can never go wrong with a Christ Tomlin worship song. You just can't. Easy to follow, easy to sing and easy to love. This song ministers to me greatly. Also? It has a sweet memory. It was the first song I listened to after accepting my current position at LPM. I turned it on when I got in the car and simply thanked the Lord for all He had done and where He had brought me. I'll never forget it. Let faith arise!
9) All to Us by Chris Tomlin - Play count: 176
Jesus, YOU are all to us. Amen.
10) Raise Your Glass by Glee Cast - Play count: 169
Again, no explanation. But as a girl who grew up in choir singing my way through life, I appreciate the Glee song arrangements to some oldies by goodies. They have some pretty epic harmonies. However, I apparently also have a thing for Pink since this too is her song. What in the world?
I'm not sure how I feel about myself after seeing that list, but the damage has been done.
What is your number one song? I'm intrigued now.
Happy weekend, y'all.
4 comments:
Clearly, I dont listen to music as much as you...my "most played" song has only been listened to 17 times! However, I'm taking the challenge! Here are my top five most played:
1) "A Better Man" - Clint Black (17 times)
2) "I'm Holding My Own" - Lee Roy Parnell (17 times)
3) "Baby's Got Her Blue Jeans On" - Mel McDaniel (17 times)
4) "If I Die Young" - The Band Perry (14 times)
5) "Like The Rain" - Clint Black
(14 times)
Except for #4, I am clearly stuck in the 90s...LOL! You can't beat good 'ol country music!
I actually do the same thing with songs, listening to them over and over again. I don't think my iTunes shows the number of my iPod plays, too, because I have a classic, but either way, here are my top five played songs:
1. "Love's to Blame" by Joel & Luke {Rebecca St. James's brothers} - 123 plays. I just love this song - lyrics, melody, everything. One night at around 3, maybe 4 in the morning, I was feeling too pensive to sleep, and I put this song on repeat and listened as I did situps. Somehow, it expressed everything.
2. "Not You Again" by Nicol Sponberg - 107 plays. I love the jazzy feel and the lyrics. I fight the same sinful characteristics over and over - pride and selfishness, primarily - and this is such a good reminder to me of putting off the old and putting on the new.
3. "En el Centro de mi Corazón" by Jaci Velasquez - 89 plays. I'm half-Hispanic, and even though I'm not quite fluent in Spanish, listening to music sung in Spanish provides me with a sense of home I can't explain. Regardless of that, I adore this song anyway for its melodies.
4. "This Time Around" by Heather Williams - 77 plays. I just love this. I've been hurt a couple times, having been given mixed messages from two guys I liked in the past five years, and this song reminds me that love this time around {i.e. Jesus's love} is SO much better.
5. "Blink" by Revive - 61 plays. I love singing to this song, which is probably why it has so many plays. ha!
I'd recommend any of these songs to you, and hope you check them out! I'd love to hear what you think of them if you do!
Haven't heard Shane & Shane's version of Christ is Risen. It's by Matt Maher, which is the only version I've heard. Have you listened to the original?
Love this post idea, and thought your list was great. I decided to tribute my blog post today on this idea. So fun!
Post a Comment