Remember that time I committed, very reluctantly, mind you, to join in on the fun of November Blog Fest?
What is November Blog Fest, you ask? It means that I've committed, with a handful of other bloggers, to blog every day in November. Seriously. Am I crazy? Have I already worked myself up over this? Why yes, yes I am and yes I have.
I've had this blog for nearly five years and what shocks me is when I look at the number of posts from 2007 and the number of posts now and I just laugh. Apparently, I had yet to deal with, what I'll refer to as, bloggers block. Or writer's block. Where posts used to flow freely from my soul, I'm now looking to a hashtag on twitter for inspiration.
I've already told myself that I'll be needing a lot of grace on this challenge. In fact, I think I've already decided to blog only six days a week instead of seven, giving my brain one day of rest. Does that defeat the purpose? Truth be told, I love writing and blogging and I've always been an advocate of journaling, but for some reason this task seems daunting to me, but I'm going for it anyway.
So, here's to blogging every day in November. I am now unashamedly taking suggestions for posts should you think of anything creative.
Oh, and um, since when was it stinking November? My how this year has flown by.
And now that I've bored you to tears, I totally understand if you don't come back tomorrow, which is only 45 minutes away.
Procrastinate much?
6 comments:
Your post just tickled me " ) I don't know if you've done this before on your blog, but you can think of 10 new things to try this month,blog about it and post pictures. Girl, the more pic's, can equal less words ; )
Bottom-line..don't think too hard just let it flow!!! You got this!!!
I do have an idea for you Lindsee. Every Summer my teenagers get a writing prompt book given to them by their teachers. I am sure there are books or online helps for this. It would be just a one liner to start off with and then you fill in the rest. Or how about starting a short story and at the end of the post write "to be continued.." I think you will get a lot of people coming back everyday to see what happens next!! As you see, I don't have a blog myself but I love to read and write so I thought I would put my two cents in to help a Siesta out.
Love,
Stacie
I just finished a 31 days series in October (on our God given callings no less)...it was a HUGE challenge (especially since I typically only post 2-3 times a week), but I kinda loved it, too!
My best suggestions is to keep a small notebook with you at ALL times for ideas (I found actual pen/paper to be better than notes on my phone), and you'll be amazed at what ideas come to you throughout the day. And with one place to collect them all, you'll find you have a post for every day (and then some) in no time. And there's certainly power in a post with a photo and a short thought, too! :) You can do it!
I really want to do this, too! I love to blog but feel like sometimes it is one of those things that hangs over my head. Like a to-do list. :) I want my blog to be a fun place and maybe if I give it a little attention for the month of November I'll love it more. And people will love it more. I think I think too hard on the subject. ha! We will see.
BTW, I'm Heather, I like your blog...nice to meet you. :)
Oh it's so good to know that I am NOT alone in the bloggers-block department, because I've been without something creative or interesting to write about or say in years. **sigh**
I see the blank page in front of me and then my mind goes blank right along with it. I miss writing. You would think with a 4yr old boy running around, I'd have a plethora of material to write about... but alas, I never can find the words.
SO, with that being said, I think I might join you in the November Blog Fest and try my hand at writing/blogging again. You have INSPIRED ME Lindsee_Lou!!
Now... what to write about?!! **grin**
Well, that is quite the commitment! Good for you. Perhaps I'll make the same attempt, even though I'm a little late to the party.
You asked for suggestions . . .
I've seen people write about things they are grateful for, each day during November, which is kind of a neat idea. (Although how many times can I say I'm thankful for my iPhone before it's seems strange? Hmm. I must get more creative with my gratitudes.)
I also LOVE lists. I love writing them, and I love reading them. It would be fun to see a list of your 5 or 10 favorite things (anything) right now, or something along those lines. Favorite worship CDs? Favorite exercise tunes? Favorite daily products? Favorite books? Favorite things to do while folding laundry? (I don't love to fold laundry.)
Your blog is so much fun. I've read it for years, but I am not sure I've ever commented. (I'm shy when it comes to online communication.) I don't know what possessed me to comment today. I guess I'm just excited to read all of your November posts. Good luck!!
Post a Comment