I still get most of my mail sent to my parent’s house. I no longer live there, and haven’t for two years, but since I’ve moved every year since I graduated from college, it was just easier to have a consistent address rather than changing my address every single time on simple little things. Plus, I only live 20 minutes from my parents so it’s not that inconvenient.
Recently my sweet dad was laid off from his company. He’s been occupying most of his time interviewing with different companies trying to find another job, but needless to say, he has more free time than he did a month ago.
Today was a beautiful day in Houston, Texas. The weather was perfection and one would be silly to not want to spend it outside. Of course, I was in my office all day, but at least was able to open my door to the balcony attached to my office and enjoy the fresh air. It was glorious. Because of said beautiful weather, my dad had to get out of the house so he so kindly drove to my office to deliver my mail. It was a sweet surprise. We actually ended up getting to have a spontaneous lunch, so that was fun.
When I got back from lunch I was thumbing through my mail and saw that I had a letter from my compassion boy, Jhon. There was no way I could wait to get home to read it so I opened it right away. I always LOVE his letters. It’s been really fun over these past two years getting to know him through snail mail.
Anyway, I read his letter aloud to my co-workers and then paused for a minute before I finished. The very last line of his letter says, “Please pray for my dad and his job. Love and goodbye, Jhon.”
Y’all, does the Lord know what He’s doing or does the Lord know what He’s doing?
There are a lot of ways I can’t connect with that sweet boy because I’ve never lived a day of poverty in my life. I can love him and give to him in Jesus’ name, but even my very little financial sacrifice each month is nothing for me, but life-giving to him and his family. And quite honestly, I could do more than I’m currently doing.
But for the Lord to allow us to go through the same thing, on completely different levels, is huge to me. I’m so thankful. And that thankfulness increases my compassion.
Today I will write back to that sweet face and tell him that I am indeed praying for his dad and his job and ask him to pray for my dad and his job as well.
Oh, how I love him. And I’ve never even met him.
If you don’t sponsor a child with Compassion, now is your time to do so. I know for a fact you’ll never regret it. All you have to do is click here to release a child from poverty in Jesus’ name. It’s as easy as one, two, three.
You may not be able to do it for all of them, but let’s do for one what we can’t do for all.
5 comments:
Oh, Lindsee! That is so crazy that you and Jhon are in similar family situations right now. I'll be praying for both of your fathers!
I love this line: "You may not be able to do it for all of them, but let’s do for one what we can’t do for all." Beautiful, both the words and the truth within them.
Such a God moment! You are influencing his sweet life for the better and he is a big part of your life as well. Love your sweet blog! You are so inspiring!
I love when the Lord Jesus shows up like that and uses what we are going through to help someone else. Oh How He Loves Us!!
I loved this post today!
Lindsee - I love this so much! What an awesome GOD we serve. I remember the day Iduar (he lives in Colombia) asked me in a letter if we like to sing and if we like music? YES! My husband has been a worship pastor for all of his ministry life - over 35 years! I love this post so much.
I pray your dad finds work soon. I just visited with my dad (my parents live across the pasture a ways) and he isn't feeling well. I'm thankful to have him here so close.
I'm praying for the Compassion bloggers trip to Ecuador too. Can't wait to hear from them.
Love much,
Mrs. Jan (G.J.)
wow! i love the details of life only God could ordain.
and for the record: this post was part of the reason my heart was stirring to sponsor our first child this week. eagerly waiting for our packet and to start writing merlyn in ecuador!
Post a Comment