Sunday, November 6, 2011

Fall Back

If this weekend would have gone as planned, you would have had a blog post from me yesterday, but alas, it did not.

What was supposed to be a super chill weekend, turned into one of the busiest weekends yet. Don't get me wrong, it turned out to be wonderful and fun, but I am sitting here at 7:50 p.m. contemplating what time I can get in bed without looking like an old lady. That could also be due to the time change, but I'm going to blame it on both falling back an hour and a busy weekend.

I'm hoping that my blog about the weekend will redeem the fact that I didn't blog yesterday, but I'm also giving myself a little grace. Saturdays might just me my blogging rest day. Only time will tell.

Friday night was our first core night for my new church, Bayou City Fellowship and it went great. It was a meeting where folks who were interested in joining could come and here what this church was all about and well, join. Curtis said it best when he kept referring to them as the most eager and dedicated 100 people. I felt so energized after leaving there and even got to have dinner with some new friends!

Saturday I visited a really fun resale shop, Buffalo Exchange, downtown with a couple of my friends. We used to go all the time in high school for fun, so it was fun to go back. After that I introduced my friends to one of the cutest restaurants around called Tiny Boxwood's. You don't want to miss out on their freshly baked cookies when you go there. So delightful! We enjoyed the weather, outside seating and people watching.

Me and my friend Mike.
Mike and Alicia!
Me and Alicia. Y'all, is that not the cutest couch for pictures? As you can see, there is a nursery right next door. The flowers were so pretty. I also have to point out the fact that there is only one pillow on the couch. Do you know how much that bugs me? Where was the other pillow?

I planned on coming home to nap and relax, but not two seconds after I walked in my door my friend called to tell me he had two tickets to Taylor Swift that night and asked if I wanted them. I didn't hesitate one second to say yes! Honest to goodness, I actually don't own a lot of Taylor songs, but I own enough and think she's cute enough to see her concert in person. Homegirl definitely knows how to put on a show. I took my roommate Michaela with me and we had so much fun. Is it just me or is anyone else more relaxed and laid back at a show they didn't pay for? We made our way down there just in time to see Needtobreathe open up for her. I love that they were there. They sing truth and love Jesus. For it being super last minute, we had a good time!

Not that I can talk, but I just need to add that if I had one dollar for every pair of skinny jeans and/or dress and boot combination, I'd be so wealthy. It's how we roll.

Also? And then I'll hush about Taylor Swift, but it was so cute to see so many daddy/daughter dates. It reminded me of when my dad took me to see Backstreet Boys. I'm laughing. Sweet memories. They were definitely outnumbered by the mother/daughter dates, but it was still fun to see.

Michaela and I enjoying some Taylor Swift! I think we're still blind from taking this picture.
If you're harboring any jealousy in your heart, don't let it sink too deep. See how high up we were? I am still dizzy thinking about it. But the tickets were free! No complaining here. The concert was at Minute Maid Park.

After that I actually ended up dog-sitting for one of my co-workers. So between that, the time change and having to be at church at 8:00 this morning, I didn't get much sleep.

After church I joined my parents for lunch at none other than the Black Eyed Pea. Throw back to 1995 anyone? I think it was that long ago that I ate there. Our sweet friends joined us as well with one of my favorite two year olds and we bonded over my jewelry like we always do. I was also her french fry fairy.

No lie, immediately upon arrival, Naomi wanted me (probably not more than I wanted to snuggle her) and took off my necklace. However, when your necklace is the size of a bunch of grapes, it's no shock that a little girl would want it. I honestly think that necklace is as heavy as her, but she wore it a long time.
Is she not the cutest thing ever? Such a little princess.

I then came home and proceeded to take a two hour long, glorious nap. And the Lord said it was good.

4 comments:

Alicia said...

Is that your friend Walicia?

Alicia said...

ps. Drop the W.

Breanna Veth said...

your newest follower! excited for more posts to come :)

Dillon, Emily, Micah and Naomi said...

Girl, you have got some French Fry Fairy Skillz. ;) We had a great time hanging out on Sunday. :) Glad you got the nap you needed!