Sunday, November 11, 2007

And Off They Go...

Well folks, today is the day! I can't believe it's already here. The day that my precious friends, Jon and Sally, leave for Africa to serve there for at least 2 years. It is a bittersweet day. I just hung up the phone with her to tell her goodbye and to wish her a safe trip. I didn't cry, but I so easily could have. It's a strange feeling when someone you love so much leaves for a long period of time. SO much can change in 2 years, I can't even imagine. I am so relieved and grateful to know though that I can still call her. They actually have an American phone number that is available ALL the time. Do you know how much better I feel?! TONS!! I can't imagine not seeing her for so long, but not talking to her?! OH my!

As much as I know I will miss this precious family. I know they are where they need to be, and where they are called to be. I don't think I've ever seen a new family so excited about serving so long in a foreign land. And this is only the beginning. Sally knew this was her calling, even back in elementary school and I am so excited it is finally coming to pass. And, that the Lord brought her a sweet husband almost 3 years ago that shares the same desires and passions. HE is so good.

So, lift them up if you think of them, would you? Or, even if you just read this post. They are so excited to see what's in store. And I love sharing in that joy with them. They're flight leaves tonight and I do know they would be SO grateful if you even just lifted up the plane ride. Riding with a ONE year old overseas, that really explains it all. It could be LONG trip.

I love them dearly and am so excited to venture with them vicariously for the next 2 years. Enjoy some pictures of the precious family, Jude, and my sweet girls. We will miss her so much!

























8 comments:

Jackie said...

That is too sweet- love the pics. I will be praying for them. I have a dear friend that has been in Africa for 1 1/2 years- she comes home in JUNE!! I am so excited- I can't beleieve how long its been since I've seen her- just crazy! She has done some awesome stuff over there though- God has used her in BIG ways. Can't wait to see all the ways He'll bless your friends and bless those they will be serving. Love ya girl!!

Fran said...

Oh yes! We will pray!

"Jesus, We pray together for their safety but also praise you for their obedience and trust in You. May You bless them richly in their hearts and minds. May they be strengthened and encouraged each and every day. And, may lives be changed all for Your glory. In Your amazing name we pray, Amen."

Thank you for sharing. Truly awesome.

Bev Brandon @ The Fray said...

i know my Brooke knows Jon and Sally and i have seen their precious posts on my good friend Heather's blog where their heart for God and His world came out in their words...i have so enjoyed reading their comments to my Heather...and i know the feeling of saying goodbye for two years when my Brooke followed her gracious God's calling to Thailand...unexpectedly she will be home for Christmas and that makes me tear up even as i comment...i know you'll miss Jude's bursts of growth...how precious that this family is willing to follow His Voice where He leads and my prayer for them is Deut 14:22 that Jon & Sally will find REST in His Presence in this place He chose for them...and they followed...

connorcolesmom said...

Oh I will lift them up in prayer!

I have to confess I am so envious - I would love to be in the mission field. One day we are going to take a family mission trip. I really want my boys to grow up helping others.
Keep us informed on how they are doing :)
blessings,
Kim

Janelle and Ella said...

Wow! What an amazing family!! I know you guys must have such a sweet family.
I will miss seeing pictures of that precious baby! He is so adorable.

Anonymous said...

I'm definitely going to be praying for them! Cute pictures by the way.

I made a blog! Obviously that clarifies which Jaclyn I am ;) And since I'm assuming the link is "in" my name, i won't bother putting it...

Little Steps Of Faith said...

TAG YOU'RE IT:) COME SEE...

Bev Brandon @ The Fray said...

did they make it okay?