But, before I go into the weekend details, I will have you all know that I met Jackie on Friday night!!! Y'all, she is just precious. And, I am so proud that I have another "tall" friend to add to my list. I was surprised to see that she and I were the same height. And, that always makes for great hugs. She was up in Huntsville on Friday night to watch a friend of hers play soccer against our team, so, I headed my sweet lil' self over to the soccer field to give this girl a hug. I would never pass up meeting a siesta! I so wish we could have talked more, but she was busy and I was busy so we hugged, chatted for about 10 minutes, took a picture, hugged again, then went our own separate ways! It was too fun. And, can I say that I felt like I've known her for forever. It was just like we were meeting up again after a long separation or something. I know everyone on that soccer field thought we were weirdos when they heard me say, "I feel like I've known you forever!" They just don't understand. After meeting her it just makes me even more excited for the spring semester to be back at Tuesday night bible study. I can't even imagine all the siesta's I will meet then!!! Oh joy!!! So, Jackie, it was just delightful meeting you!! I can't wait to meet up with you again!!
Now onto Parent's Weekend. This is ALWAYS a good thing simply because of the FREE things I receive while they are here. A.k.a. groceries, dinner, gas...you know, the things I normally deal with! ;) J/K, it's all their money anyway! They were only here Saturday evening but it was just delightful. We went to the phi lamb picnic (#2 picnic of the weekend), the football game, then to a quick dinner, then back to my apartment so my dad could fix my printer and so I could use my mom's Dyson vacuum to vacuum my apartment. That thing is a hoss. I feel as though after the use of that thing, I have new, fresh carpet. It's simply amazing! After they left, I fiddled around for a bit then went to sleep with great excitement because of the hour of sleep I was gaining because of FALL BACK!! I don't think I've ever been happier than in that moment of turning my clock back. Oh, what a glorious night!
Sunday was pretty laid back. I went to church, attended picnic #3 (otherwise known as free lunch for college student's), came home and relaxed a bit, then headed out to play Ultimate Frisbee with some other folks. That was a workout in itself. But, such a fun time. I am so gonna miss these people. They have become my family away from my home church family. I wouldn't trade them for anything in the world! They have blessed my socks off!
Sunday night a few of us went out to Shenanigans for some country western dancin'! One of the churches here in Huntsville has rented out this dance hall every Sunday night for the rest of the semester. It's a pretty cool deal! Free entrance, free drinks (obviously non-alcoholic) and you dance the night away. It's their outreach. They also show a Numa video during the evening which is never disappointing! So, you better know that I did some Boot Scootin' Boogy!
Enjoy some pictures from my fun filled weekend! Unfortunately, my camera decided to die on my while I was taking a picture with the parentals. Someone else took it with their camera, but I don't have that photo yet. I promise to post it once I have it! I love my parents!
Okay, for real, smile for the camera! (You should have seen the amount of parents with their camera's. I felt like a movie star!)

Look, I have long hair again...
Me and Hannah dancin' it up at Shenanigans!! ;)


7 comments:
Hi Lindsee!!! It is so nice to officially de-lurk! Yes, I have lurked on your blog too! And I am actually a little jealous of all of you Texans...getting to meet up with each other! (I love Jackie!)
Thanks for leaving a comment!!! I will put you on my blog roll and check back often!
This is so absolutely adorable! I love it! And there's nothing like a trip from the parents coming in. And clearly, you are a girl after my own heart (i.e. - loving the vacuum cleaner! lol).
Love you girlfriend. So cool that you got to meet siesta Jackie!
It sounds like you had a busy time. It is so fun when the parents come in town and treat us to all their blessings :)
How cool that you got to meet Jackie - you 2 are so cute!!
Oh and I have a Dyson and it is so cool! I love to look at the canister and see all the stuff it picked up from my floors. I truly think my house is much cleaner since buying it :) At least that is what I tell my hubby since I convinced him to buy it for me - hehe
Blessings,
Kim
I am really tall too!! how tall are you??
love, leigh
OH..I LOVED meeting you too!! That was the highlight of my weekend!! I think it was funny that one of the first thing I said when I met you was- wow, I am really glad you're tall too! HAHA- it gets lonley being the only tall one around. You are too precious and I am SOOOO excited I get to see you on Tuesday next semester....what a great gift of a friend I have found in you!! Thanks sweet girl, you are wonderful! Can't wait to grab lunch over the holidays! Love ya!
That is a great picture of you and Jackie!! That is so fun y'all got to meet and hang out.
so how tall are you and Jackie???
we're kind of tall over here...
abSOULutely adorable....
are you going to the San Antonio deal next summer? i might, i paid for it but don't know...
just hopped over and wanted to say hello to you sweet thing and that i was praying for you...i think you are just adorable!!!!!!
i posted on an older post so i wouldn't be a stalker commenting twice on your current one...LOL
Post a Comment