This week has been terribly fast and exhausting. And, might I add that #1, it's already Thursday and #2, it's already NOVEMBER! Folks, where has 2007 gone?! I am still kind of freaking out that it is November. Know that I am counting down the weeks until school is out, which happens to be 5 weeks left, but that means I'm gonna have 5 weeks of pure craziness with everything that I have left to do to pass methods. Sometimes I really wonder if I'm ever gonna make it out of school or not. It is fun but oh, so stressful. If you ever thought that being an education major was easy, please think again. That is so far from the truth.
Enough about school, I think I've had an identity crisis this week. From being in College Station all weekend participating in MANY Aggie traditions, to Phi Lamb Scary Skate Night, to Halloween, I'm really not sure I know myself anymore.
College Station was a blast at the least. I always love visiting the Lambert's. Fun times are always had and there is never a dull moment. After a fun homemade pizza dinner, a few of us headed out to go bowling. Do you know how bad of a bowler I am? It's pretty bad. But, you can never go wrong with bowling. I definitely lost both games, but was at least able to laugh at myself. I even learned a few new tips from our bowling instructors! (They weren't really the "bowling instructors" per say, but in my book when you've taken a bowling class, you know more than I ever will. Which, in return, makes you my bowling instructor!)
After bowling we all headed to midnight yell. Once again, I was the dumbo that knew nothing. So, I simply followed the lead and whooped when I knew to. I know I'm not an Aggie, but I really feel like an Aggie by association. It's quite fun. And y'all, I know some of you think it's a cult, but they do have some pretty fun traditions. After yell practice, all of us old folks were quite exhausted so we put our lil' selves to bed. And what a good night of sleep I got.
Saturday, after FINALLY showering, we all headed out to tailgate before the game. It was such a gorgeous day. I'm telling you, I am absolutely LOVING the weather. Not only did we walk around, eat good food, and laugh a lot, but, I got to see Joanna. Probably the sweetest part of my day. I was only with her for about an hour (maybe) but the time was so worth it. I can't believe she's already back in Montana. I miss her so! When the game started I went with Claire and Russell back to their friend's house where we watched some of the game before they took me back to get my car so I could head back to Huntsville before it was pitch black (in which I didn't make that goal!) Upon my return to Huntsvegas, I changed to comfy clothes, talked with my girls, and relaxed for the rest of the night. A good weekend was had by all.
Monday, Hannah and I were old ladies for our sorority skate night. Y'all, oh my gosh, I really don't have any words except that I think we may have wet ourselves from laughing so hard all night. We even skated with just our knee highs and no socks. That was a joke. It was a lot of work becoming old, so I don't plan on adventuring down that road again any time soon. But, it was definitely an experience.
Last night, for Halloween, a few of us helped out at our churches (UHBC), Trunk or Treat! It was so fun. And guess what Hannah and I were this time?! Ketchup and Mustard. I never knew, but, it was such a hit. EVERYONE that walked by us had to at least announce to the world that we were Ketchup and Mustard. And, on top of that, I think I heard more Ketchup jokes last night than I've heard my whole life. I so wish you all could have seen what I saw last night, though. I'm sure you all saw some pretty cute costumes, but my goodness, there was some CUTENESS roaming around. I so wanted to take pictures of all the little cherubs, but I refrained as I thought people might think that was a bit stalkerish. We had grapes, ladybugs, transformers, penguins, golfers, princesses, cheerleaders, sharks, and you name it, we had it. I know I'm not even married, but I can't wait to dress my child up for Halloween. You should go see Jaclyn's blog to see what her little Grace was for Halloween. It's precious. She might have even had an identity crisis herself!
Enjoy all the pictures from my identity crisis. And, if you feel the need, pray for me as I return back to my original self this weekend. I can't wait.
Our wonderful bowling instructors! (Or maybe I should say my bowling instructors since I'm the one that needed the most help!)
At midnight yell! (Hints why I look so tired, it was WAY past my bedtime!!)
Photo op with two of my favorite married friends. (If only you were there Jen and Sal!)
Fun tailgating times!!
My day was made when I got to see my Joanna. Even thought it was only for 45 minutes, every minute was worth it! I love her so!!
The old lady getting money from the ATM.
Old lady #2 enjoying her Fresca!!
I don't have very many words for this one.
We had to help each other skate...such sweet friends. ;)
Smile for the camera, Gertrude.
Old Ladies are scandalous!!
Shakin' up some Salt!! Where's the Pepper?! :)
You know I love me some salt.
Time to play Ketchup and Mustard!!
Anybody need a squirt?!
We talked to more people this night than I think I've talked to anybody my entire life. All because we were Ketchup and Mustard. Oh, the joys of condiments.
My precious roomie! Notice the golf theme. Oh my, Cohen was precious!!!
Acting our parts. (If that's even possible!)
Some 80's chicks...Hope you all have a wonderful weekend. Enjoy the fall weather, I know I will. A nice quick run might even make it into my schedule tonight, simply because of the weather.
Happy late Halloween and Happy November!!


12 comments:
Amen sister:) I think I am gonna have to start a student prayer group on facebook, MY goodness there is SO much to do in the next couple weeks...I'll be praying for you...PRAY for me too:)
:) love ya:)
ang
wow, craziness and fun!! Hey, holidays= us maybe getting to meet up for lunch!! YEAH!!! I am heading up there to SHSU tomorrow for the night!! TOO fun!! You look crazy cute in the costume, love it!! love you, happy november!
Lindsee! I feel like I know you! Jen talks about you and the other girls all the time, I really want to meet you guys! Thanks for the sweet comment, I will blog stalk you from now on! ha! Have a great weekend!!
Katie
Miss Lindsee I just don't think I've EVER seen you cuter or happier!! What has happened to you my sweet? I just love to see you like this!
A MARATHON!?!? Something is going on here. Really, go take your temperature. You must have a fever or something... :0)
I love you. Every part of you. I'm so thankful you're my friend. I'm so thankful that your life is so interesting and that God's gotten ahold of you. Mighty things sister!
Sally
P.s. I think you're spending too much time with Beth. You're starting to sound just like her. But funnier!!!
You are too cute! Bout the blogroll, well, now I shall copy!
Blessings Deary ♥
tammie
thanks for being my costume partner! fun times!1
you and hannah's costumes are SO dang funny! i love it! and love yall! it makes me miss yall at the so much more! which makes me so dang excited to see yall come wednesday!! yaayy.. it's gonna be one exciting day! love you maam!
seriously you are awesome :)
Miss Condiment...that was way too cute...oh my goodness that was so clever and adorable...and you keep on running girl---I accidentally walked 10 miles this morning---got carried away listening to a John Piper podcast...craziness...and you said it---where did 2007 go?... your post made me miss those Aggie days...nothing like all those whoops and stuff if you can get it down...i mean they had classes for parents to get the stuff down...and bowling is FUN - I took it in college so that make me your future instructor...love hearing your happy heart full of childlike FAITH and JOY...keep on running...
Ok...about the "old lady" outfits - I wear that all the time! Not funny!
Love,
Your old friend Dana
I am so glad you updated b/c I truly felt like it was the longest run ever!!
I kept checking the psot date thinking - she is running again - man I am impressed - oh wait this is the same post - LOL!!!
You look great and sounds like you have had a good time!!
Enjoy life - God loves you!!!
Kim
Seriously, could y'all be any cuter?! No. The old ladies...awesome. The ketchup and mustard...even more awesome!!
Post a Comment