Thursday, October 25, 2007

3 Mile Run...

Hey ladies!

I was just sitting here in the computer lab enjoying each of your updates (as I always do!) and just thought it was an appropriate time to update.

Nothing in particular to update about, except:

-When I leave the computer lab, I will go home, put on my running clothes, then head off for a 3 mile run with Hannah. Oh joy. I do hope to make it back alive so I can post later on! We decided to train for a marathon. Girls, go ahead and laugh all you want, I know. I am so not the marathon type, but I do love running. I myself don't know if I'll actually make the marathon simply because of my crazy schedule, but I will for sure start and do the running with Hannah, Meredith and Caitlin and we'll see what happens. So far this week I've haven't been able to work out with them once because their times conflict with mine, but I'm gonna try hard to do as much as I can with them.

-Later on tonight I am planning on taking some fresh baked cookies and a thank you note to my college pastors house for baptising me. It is a little delayed, but he knows it's coming! I am sure while I am there some great conversations will be had! He is always so encouraging about our walk with Jesus, and frankly, that's all he likes to talk about!

-Tomorrow is my cleaning day. Oh my. I wish you could all step into my room right now. You would have NEVER thought I cleaned last Friday. It is absolutely ridiculous with clothes strung out everywhere, and education stuff piling up like no one else's' business. I am so glad I get to clean. And really clean, girls. It is scrubbing day for this Lindsee!!

-After I am satisfied with the cleaning, I'll be heading out for College Station. Not only do I get to see my sweet Claire, but I GET TO SEE MY JOANNA. Did I ever mention that she lives in MONTANA?!?!? Yes, Joanna Montana. She and her husband John flew down today for the game on Saturday. This means I get to hug her sweet neck and I am ever so grateful!!! I miss her so, so much.

That's about all folks!!! I hope you have a wonderful weekend. I'll be back with pictures...although I'm sure you knew that because I am a picture freak!!!

Putting on my running shoes....

18 comments:

Jenny said...

1. I love that you are running.

2. I don't believe your room is that messy.

3. I am SO jealous you get to see our Jo! Hug her real hard for me!

connorcolesmom said...

Oh my running I have not done that in so long. Walking yes but I am so out of shape for the running thing - way to go though :)
Thank you for your sweet comments - you made my day!!
Love ya,
Kim

Raven said...

i love that you are running the marathon with hannah! and she mentioned that yall might be doing one in dallas/ft worth area so you know that i would totally be there rooting yall on! =)

Traci Anne said...

You are so good! I love the idea of being a runner... not so much the action. Time to get my butt back to the gym!

Jackie said...

I want to do a marathon in a few years, maybe by then you'll have time to train and we can do it together. For now I am building up my endurance to do the 40 mile walk in April- wanna do it with me? Still looking for a buddy to share a tent with!!
Good luck on the run, I hurt my knee last week and am having to back out of the "Pumpkin Fun-Run" i was supposed to do this Sat- oh well....there are plenty more races coming soon! Enjoy those 3 miles....love you girl!!!

Jaclyn said...

good for you for running!! I decided today that it is time to lose weight and then my neighbor dropped off a basket of candy at my front door. Gee...thanks. I have already sampled.

Fran said...

Well..you just have a blast running....i'll be walking...no running anymore for me....i'll stick to the walking....really I'm just jealous and wish I could! :)

I'll be cleaning too on Friday and I'll be praying my way through it....i love to have that talk time with God. I'll lift you up and ask that He bless you big this weekend with your fabulous friends in town!!

Happy Weekend!
Hugs~
Fran

Patriot said...

Running definitely makes you just feel great afterwards!

Just wanted to let you know I'm hosting a giveaway - come check it out! Thanks!

AbbyLane said...

1) if you run marathons i don't know if we can be friends..you will be in too good of shape to stand beside me ;)
2) cookies...mmmmmm
3) i had my cleaning day yesterday..it was slightly delayed and prolonged by the movie that happened to be distracting me on my tv ;)

Tammie Head said...

Hey Girl! You're so sweet to leave me that comment. I replied, but I don't think I did it right!

Listen- when you want to do the music thang just let me know! It's way too easy!

♥ tammie

Kenya Dig It? said...

look at you having 10 comments! wow! your are popular! running was awesome yesterday! I am excited! Have fun this weekend!

sammie said...

I was thinking of doing a triathalon insted of a marathon. The training swimming,biking,running) work wonders. I hate what swimming does to your hair but the results are worth the extra conditioner.

Bev Brandon @ The Fray said...

my hubby is a marathon coach if you ever need one---LOL---he really is...he's done Boston, etc...they are training for White Rock... and then my son is the triathlon pro---his next race is in Israel---me...i only walk real fast every day, that's it...we are at state cross country champs with my 16 year old in San Antonio...that's really neat to do marathon, go for it---which marathon will you do?? Cowtown is an easy flat one...

Jackie said...

so, did that 3-mile run knock the wind out of you so that you haven't had time to update?? HAHAHA- just checking in, I am going to be going to SHSU on Friday to watch one of my friends play soccer up there. She plays for a school in Louisianna and this is the closest game I can attend. I am just gonna drive up there for the game and then head back!!! FUN!!!!

Speaking Thru Me Ministries said...

yeah for you running - i need to do it more. maybe i cannow that i am not owrking any longer. you go girl - and have fun!!!

love, Leigh

Given Grace said...

Good for you!!! I'm playing with the idea of a triathalon, so I've been biking but I need to work more on running!

Keep focused and remember, "We can do all things through Christ who gives us strength!"

Given Grace said...

Good for you!!! I'm playing with the idea of a triathalon, so I've been biking but I need to work more on running!

Keep focused and remember, "We can do all things through Christ who gives us strength!"

Jaclyn said...

when oh when will lindsee update?