Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Weekend Memories

It's Wednesday, and I'm just now posting about the weekend. But, I figure now is the time since the next weekend is almost here.

I will have you know that this weekend was so full of emotions for me. From Thursday night when I got home, to Monday morning when I returned to Huntsville, MANY events and memories will be forever etched in my mind.

Let's start with Thursday:

After being at school until 4:00 p.m. (and getting there early in the a.m.) I came home, packed up quick, then headed to Houston. I was so happy to be going home because it had seriously been a month, and for me, that is rare. I got home at about 8 and just relaxed. My mom and I chatted till about 1 a.m. which was absolutely ridiculous since we had to be at MOPS early Friday morning.

This leads me to Friday:

I woke up, headed to MOPS to watch the MOPPETS while my mom was being a precious little mentor mom. She's so cute with the younger moms and even told them about my blog in which I recently discovered some of them read it. So, this is a shout out to all you MOPS ladies! After MOPS I stopped by the youth office (my office this summer) and got caught up on all that's been going on. I miss those folks! On our way home we stopped at the McLemores home (my friend who was hit and killed 2 weeks ago) so that I could give Regina (his mom) a hug. We ended up staying for about an hour, but I think it was good for her. And, she showed me the picture slide show they made for the funeral and it was so sweet to watch.

Now, for all you ladies, this is where I tell you that I got my hair cut....again. I made an appointment with my wonderful girl, Tanya, and she so delightfully chopped it off and styled it. I am so grateful for her! Guys don't understand the need to have a hairdresser that just "knows your hair!" But, we are all so grateful for them.

After the hair cut, in which I was so pleased, we headed to my little brothers senior homecoming game. I felt like I was back in High school all night. As much as I love that time in my life, I am so glad it's over! But, to be honest the only reason I went to the game was to see halftime. And, to see who got crowned as homecoming queen. We had 2 friends on the court and they were just precious. It was so fun to see them on that field. Neither of them won, but we were so proud of them! They were OUR homecoming queens.


Our own homecoming queen, sweet Ashley! (Sorry it's so far away!)

Next comes Saturday:

Oh boy was Saturday filled with much to do. I woke up, had a wonderful breakfast taco, then was off to get ready for the day. Jessica, our girls ministry director, is getting married in just a month so we of course had her "personal" shower. Oh girls, it was fun! And she got some pretty "little" thangs, if you know what I mean!! ;)

After the shower I realized I forgot my black shoes in Huntsville. So, off to Kohls I went to get some black heels for the wedding that night.

Upon my return home, I quickly changed into the wedding outfit, then headed out the door to go see my little brother all dressed up taking homecoming pictures. He was such a stud with a beautiful date. I did feel funny, however, because I too was dressed up and looked like I could be attending homecoming. The girls asked what I was doing, in which I told them all I was just their chaperon for the night. They laughed.

After the photo op the parentals and I were headed to Conroe for one of my older brother's best friends wedding. Justin and Cyndi were a gorgeous couple and the wedding was beautiful! Driving back to Houston I was exhausted. When we got home you better believe I was in my bed in a heartbeat!!! My dad and I were getting up early to leave for Huntsville so I could be baptized. I did lay in bed, however, thinking about getting baptized for forever. I wondered if I was ever gonna fall asleep or if my nerves were gonna keep me up all night!! Finally I fell asleep...

Sweet Kim and Kevbo!

Me and some of "my" sweet girls!

My Sweet Family (minus Brien!)
"God bless the broken road that lead me straight to you..."

The precious cake!

My sweet brother and his sweet friends!!

The hair before the wedding....(and the haircut!)

The hair after the wedding. Yes, you see correctly. I love me some Houston humidity!

Which leads me to Sunday:

Also known as Baptism Day!!!!! I had so many emotions. I think my stomach turned the whole drive to Huntsville, and the Carmel Frappuccino from Starbucks certainly didn't help! When I got to church it all kind of sunk in...there was no turning back now. (I mean, not that I wanted to!!) But it was a done deal. Me and the 2 other girls sat in the staircase during worship waiting for our cue...when it finally came we all could have wet ourselves. (Sorry for the visual!) I was first (my decision!) and it was finally time. I walked down into the water taking it all in. There were tons of people in the congregation and I felt so at peace and had MUCH joy. Oh, the joy that comes with obedience. It all went by so fast, and after the dunking I was SOAKED. But it felt good!

I will forever remember that morning, it's kind of a blur, but it was amazing. I encourage anyone who hasn't been baptized to take that step of obedience. It is just an outward expression of an inward decision. And HE gets ALL the glory. Amen to that! I had many sweet friends and family there to share in my joy. I am so grateful for them as they made it that much easier for me that morning!! So, thank you to all my loves who came out to share the day with me. You don't know how much it meant to me to see all your sweet faces there!

After church my dad, me and Hannah all drove back to Houston for my little brothers birthday bash. As you know he turned 18 on Monday, so we celebrated Sunday night. It was a blast and a full house at the least. He is so loved! (If you're reading this Kev, know that you are so loved!) I was partied out and had a test the next morning. As much as I tried to study, it just wasn't working out. So, Hannah and I put ourselves to bed, slept quick and then got up early the next morning to drive back to Huntsville before our morning classes. Thankfully, she helped me study on the way to Huntsville by calling out information...it helped as I think I did just fine on the test. So Hannah, thank you for being my study buddy! I love you!!

"This is just an outward expression of an inward decision! And, a step of obedience to honor Him!"

Getting dunked....

The birthday boy and his birthday candles.....

He was given tons of tools for his birthday! Just a little birthday suprise from everyone that came! He'll need them when he goes off to school!!

By the end of the night, everyone had to search for their shoes. My older brother is the sweetest thing alive to tie them all together! ;)

Me and the Birthday Boy!!


This weekend was wonderful and many memories, as I said earlier, are forever etched in my brain. I am still walking on cloud nine from being baptized. Thank you, fellow bloggers, for all your sweet comments. They most certainly made my day. You ladies, are just the sweetest things ever!

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend full of fun memories. There is just nothin' like a memory makin' weekend!!

Much love and many hugs to all of you!!

10 comments:

AbbyLane said...

ahhh!!! so much!!! :)

~LOVE YOUR HAIR.
~so excited for you about the baptism...ahhh what a GREAT day!!
~humidity...yeah, i'm not a fan either
~and yay for studying in the car!! i was always the master at studying ON THE WAY to my test...lol..

Raven said...

oh lindsee.. i just loved this blog of catch up!

first of all i am SO very excited about you and your baptism! that is so amazing and i so wish i could have been there!

and the hair is ADORABLE!! i absolutely love it.. i don't think it could be any cuter!

love you so much honey.. and miss you tons!

Jenny said...

Thank you for the update my love!!! I am so proud of you! (And I'm LOVING your hair!)

John and Joanna said...

All is well we both updated :) I love you Linds,and i really love your hair! Don't miss the longness...it looks precious!! I miss you and can't wait to see you!!!

Traci Anne said...

What a weekend!! Your hair is crazy cute - I'm a little jealous (is that ok?!) that it can look so cute wavy OR straight - mine's just straight :-\ CONGRATULATIONS on your baptism!! What an amazing step of faith!!

Fran said...

Oh Miss Lindsee Lou....what a beautiful weekend. The baptism got me a little teary when you showed us the pictures!! AWESOME! And, the haircut is just too cute. You are too cute so what else do we expect! :)

Have a great week my Siesta!!
We love ya!

Karen Owens said...

This has nothing to do with your post but... I love that you labled you links as "imaginary friends." Totaly cracked me up. My husband always laughs at me becasue I tell him that I'm popular online. Congrats on your upcoming graduation! You seem like a great gal!

connorcolesmom said...

Wow great recap!
I love your hair!!
It looks so good.
How awesome about the baptism!

And fun times with your little bro and his party!!
Much love,
Kim

Pea Pod Mommy said...

A seriously busy weekend! Sounds like you need some R & R!

Janelle and Ella said...

Lindsee, that is awesome!! Thank you for sharing your baptism with us.
And I LOVE your hair. It's adorable.