Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Announcement Time!

Oh. My. Gosh.

It has been over a week since I've blogged and I just don't know what to do with myself. I've missed you! For those of y'all wondering, I made it safe from the lock down experience. All is well in Huntsville, as of right now.

So, I hate "listing" what's been going on in my life, but I feel that's the only way to catch y'all up. Although, hopefully things will slow down a bit, because I do have other things I would love to post on...a.k.a. what I'm learning! :)

1) The past 2 weekends I have had the pleasure of being in College Station. I love it there. Such great friends and things to do. The first weekend I was pleased to see many faces, like Claire and Russell and of course, sweet Jamie. Y'all, her dorm room is precious. You definitely need to hop on over to her blog to see pictures. It's the cutest dorm room I have ever seen! This past weekend I was there for the A&M vs. Baylor game. No, I didn't go to the game, but much tailgating happened, and it was a blast. Hot. But a blast! My church from back arranged for lots of Cypress people to be there and we had a TASTY baked potato with all the fixin's. It was marvelous.

2) I cut my hair. Yes, I did. It's a little past my shoulders. I'm still freaking out a bit. I mean, don't get me wrong, I love it. It's cute, it's new, but it's short and I miss my long locks. Thankfully, my hair grows fast! :) I'll post a picture soon.

3) I'm getting baptized on Sunday. Sorry to those of you I haven't gotten to tell in person, but life has been crazy! TRUTH, the bible study I am apart of, is doing baptisms this Sunday and I only felt it appropriate to take part in. I have loved TRUTH and it's gotten me where I am today. As nervous as I am, I know it's a step of obedience that I am more than willing to take! :0)

4) A lifelong friend and neighbor of mine, who I graduated with, was hit last Tuesday by a car going 50 mph and died later the next day. He was literally hit while he was walking across the street. The funeral was today, and I am so sad I couldn't make it. The worst thing is that is was a hit and run. Can you imagine? Pray for the McLemore family if you think of them. I know this is really hard for them, and they just don't understand.

5) My computer has a virus. I have done everything I can possibly do and the darn thing just won't go away. It still works, but is RIDICULOUSLY SLOW. Hints why I haven't been on the computer much lately. I am so ready for a new computer. And next time, it will be a laptop. This whole desktop thing is not my favorite! So, how about an early graduation present? Mom? Dad? ;)

6) Jeff Johnson is my new favorite discovery. He's from Dallas and is an amazing songwriter/singer. So, thank you, Hannah, for introducing me.

7) Afshin Ziafat is amazing. He brings the word EVERY Tuesday and I just can't get enough of it. I am learning SO much and am SO overwhelmed. I promise to update about that soon. I just have to process it all!

8) We have 22 newbies in phi lamb this semester! PTL! They are all so wonderful and excited to be there. We love the new girls because they bring such a fresh breath of air to the sorority! This semester is already in full swing. Next weekend is our retreat! I am so excited because they are such a blast and such a great time to get to know the new girls! :)

9) Thursdays are so fun. Lately I've been going with Megan, my roommate, to the Woodlands to help babysit. She picks the kiddos up in Huntsville, and then we drive them to their home in the Woodlands, play hide and go seek, the dad comes home and we're free to roam around a city that actually has things to do. :) It's fun. And, a great ending to the week. Thursday's are my Friday's! I love it.

Well folks, I know that's not all, but my brain is pretty frazzled and I have a project due in 3 hours and frankly, I have NO idea what I'm doing. :) I better get busy.

Hope all is well in your neck of the woods. Lots of love and big hugs to you today from Huntsville!

8 comments:

Jenny said...

PRAISE THE LORD!! My Lindsee is back! And with shorter hair?!? Do you mean past the shoulders as in ABOVE or past the shoulders as in BELOW? I can't wait to see it! I LOVE YOU!!

Traci Anne said...

Hi honey! I saw your comment on Beth Moore's latest blog and got SO excited that you're also a Texan! (I'm 23, living in NYC, graduated from Baylor, originally from Dallas... my darling boyfriend is from The Woodlands!)

Just wanted to say hi so I'm not being a stalker :)

Speaking Thru Me Ministries said...

hey girl - i am so excited about your abptism!! yeah!!

tell me mroe about Jeff Johnson - I went to school wiht a Jeff Johnson and he was VERY musically talented and all. could it ever be the same one? I have been wondering what he was doing, etc. you can just email me cletus104 at gamil dot com.

have a wonderful day and thank you so much for stopping by my blgo!! do it more often!! you are such a joy!!!

Jaclyn said...

post hair pictures!!!!!

AbbyLane said...

YOU ARE GETTING BAPTIZED!!!! i so wish shelly and i could be there!! oh how we would love to rejoice in that with you! my roommate (one of 3) just got baptized a few weeks ago. i will be praying over that for sure...so great! :)

Jackie said...

wow- busy lady!!! Congrats on the baptism- what an awesome step of obedience. Congrats on the haircut, it takes guts :) I know, I chopped about 8 inches off mine this summer.
Ummm...I forgot the rest of the bullets, but glad to see you're back, we missed you in blog-land.
Love ya siesta!

John and Joanna said...

i love you and miss you!!

And yes post the hair pics. pronto :)

I love how Jen is so twitered by your haircut please give her the debrief!!!

Huge hugs!!

connorcolesmom said...

Oh my you have been busy!
I am so sorry to hear about your friend. That is so tragic.
Oh and getting baptized how awesome for you!
God bless,
Kim