My weekend was filled with lots of fun and lots of Jesus lovin'! Friday night all the fun began with Vicky Beeching. Oh man. If you know me at all, you know that I absolutely love this very talented woman who absolutely adores Jesus. I want to love Him like she does. I was introduced to her this summer at Student Life when I was a leader for the Jr. High group and she was our worship leader. We all fell in love right away. Her heart is so right and pure and she loves Jesus with all that she's got, singin' like nobody else's business for Him. And, not only singing, but playing the guitar, piano and harmonica for Him also. Can I say gifted?! Anyway, when we heard she would be in Houston Friday night at a church in Cypress (where I live!) we all got tickets right away. It was great. And y'all, we sat in the front row. I have never done that in my life. But it was fun. The girls I was with walked right up to the front row when we got there and I figured since I was there with them, I better sit with them. If you ever get the chance to see her, do it. You will NOT be disappointed.
Right after the concert was over, I headed straight over to my phi lamb retreat which also happen to be in Cypress. I got there just in time to hear the first devotional. I didn't miss a thing before I got there so that was just peachy!
We dug straight into the word and talked about...
Baggage. Simply put, we all have baggage of some sort. It may be emotional baggage, it may be physical baggage, it may be an addiction. Whatever form it may be in, we all carry some sort of baggage and that's exactly what we talked about this weekend! It was a bold word.
We talked about our minds and the lies we believe, and boy do we believe some lies. It was good to hear some of the lies we believe and then replace them with truth. We talked about transforming our minds and NOT being conformed to the world. (Rom. 12:2) And, to put off our old self, our old minds, that are being corrupted and to be made new in the attitude of our minds. (Eph. 4: 22-23) It isn't at all ironic that I am reading a book called Every Thought Captive and that everything I'm reading in the book, we talked about this weekend.
On Saturday night we had time to spend alone with the Lord and that was sweet. Some girls rededicated their lives, some were broken, some needed prayer, some just needed to pray, and some just needed to be still. It was my pleasure to watch the spirit move and pray for some of the girls. They are all so precious with such precious hearts. Being my last semester in phi lamb I loved seeing the movement that took place. I took it all in and just praised the Lord and thanked Him for how far phi lamb has come since I've joined. My prayer the past 4 years for phi lamb had been that we would be a REAL sorority with REAL problems, and to just be honest with each other. This weekend all of that was very evident and I am so grateful.
Besides falling more in love with Him and being in awe of Him once again, we laughed...really, really hard, played fun games and were just girls for the weekend. We, of course, didn't get much sleep, so my eyes are VERY heavy, but I wouldn't trade that for any of the fellowship or laughs I had this weekend. He is so good and once again has proved himself faithful. So, thank you to all of you who prayed for us. Your prayers were heard and answered.
I'll leave you with some fun pictures that captured some fun memories!!
7 comments:
Sounds like one awesome Abba Father weekend for you and I know He used you in lives of Phi Lamb girls. Would you pray for my Brookie? She is in a Bangkok hospital today alone but not Alone for her good God holds her hand. She is there for yet another biopsy for pre-cancer cells in her cervix. The last biopsy showed it was clear, praise God. Pray for His Hand on my Brooke, former president of Phi Lamb, year before last. I loved the words: one unbroken gaze fixed on the beauty of His face---that's you!
I am so glad the weekend went well, i was praying for you!! Phi lamb retreats were the highlight of my year- so much fun to be around tons of girls who love Jesus!! Glad it was great!! Love ya sweetie!
aw.. retreat looks so fun! i'm glad that you girls had an incredible time and that the Lord showed up in a mighty way!
i can't wait to see your face this weekend!!! =)
What a fun weekend! I definitely prayed for y'all - He truly is great and it's awesome that He showed up in such a big way!
Also, your canvas? SO cute. :)
Yeah God!! He showed up and showed off didn't He?! Sounded like a great weekend. Glad you are back....have a great week!
Blessings~
lindsee! i had so much fun with you this weekend! love the picture of me and you! ha i look ridiculously tired!
Beautiful girls--all of you!
I am so glad you had a wonderful weekend with worshipping Him! We missed you, but I am so glad you had this wonderful opportunity to grow with the girls you hang with, ya know?
Praying for you today,
holly
Post a Comment