Monday, November 19, 2007

Wedding Weekend With Many Surprises

This past weekend, 4 of us girls got all situated in Megan's (my roommates) Mitsubishi Endeavour and headed to Waco to have a wedding weekend. I don't want you mistaking this weekend with her REAL wedding weekend, which is 06-07-08, but, we did get some things accomplished! Go here to see some of her precious engagement pictures!!! Our main goal was to order our bridesmaids dresses and we did just that. Sigh of relief inserted here!

I have to tell you, though, that we had some strange, and I mean STRANGE encounters along the way.

Let me replay them for you in a list format!

1) Friday night we ate at Cheddars (simply divine). After we were told that we had to wait an hour to sit, we were surprised when our buzzer buzzed after about 20 minutes. No complaints here, though, I would gladly wait 20 minutes over an hour. So, we headed to our table, got situated, ordered our drinks and then we were surprised by a sweet waitress that delivered a huge cookie topped with ice cream to our table. Have y'all noticed that we haven't even ordered dinner yet and we are already on to dessert? Something is terribly wrong with this picture. We were so confused because they wouldn't give us many details. All they told us was that table 31 ordered this for us. WHAT?! Where is table 31? Who are they? Why did they do this? After much investigation, and quite frankly we were starting to get flattered (we are girls here), we realized that the cookie we received, was brought to the correct table (our table), but was meant for the PEOPLE BEFORE us. Basically, we got someone else's cookie, but they were already gone. That's when we were prompted to eat it or it would go to waste. We indulged ourselves and it was wonderful.


2) We stayed at Megan's parents house this weekend, and her Aunt Betty, so graciously, let us invade the back apartment all weekend and let us have it to ourselves. After much discussion we decided we needed to be up and going before 9:00 because some workers were coming to do a few things back there. I, needing to take a shower, arose at 8:30, hopped in the shower, blow dried my hair, all to find out we didn't have to be out of there until 11:00. Everyone else was awake already also, so we watched T.V. until we forced ourselves to actually start getting ready. Basically, we woke up at 8:30 for no reason. Oh well!

3) Waco, every year, has a huge warehouse, book sale where you can get paperback books for 50 cents, and hardback books for $1.00. Amazing. We went, looked around (some books were absolutely hilarious) and walked out of there with MANY books for cheap, cheap, cheap. Y'all, I got 5 books for $7. I even got Whispers of Hope by Beth Moore for $1.50. (some books were a little more, but seriously NOT bad!) Life was good.

4) Saturday night we decided to lay low since we had been going all day and we were pooped. So after some amazing hamburgers, and wedding crashing (not really, but we did drive by Megans wedding venue and there was a wedding going on, so we stopped and just watched from the car!) we decided to just watch a movie on TV. Y'all, we ended up watching Legends of the Hidden Temple and Double Dare. Talk about a walk down memory lane. I mean, do you realize how CHEESY those shows were, yet I was so intrigued back in the day. Some good laughs were had.


5) Sunday was the all eventful drive home. Seriously eventful. Have you ever tried to wash an apple while driving?! So, Hannah and I wanted to eat our apples but realized they hadn't been washed. She first had the grand idea of keeping the 2 apples in that flimsy plastic bag you get at the store and pouring water in that to wash them. She realized it was a bad idea when she had water ALL over her. Laughing attack #1. Then I had the idea of holding the apple out the window and pouring water from my water bottle on it. Did I mention we were driving on I-45 going 70 mph. You can only imagine the water I had dripping down my arm, the force of the wind, and the tears I had rolling down my cheeks. It was absolutely HIL-AR-I-OUS. Hannah tried it too which made for even more laughing. I really don't recommend doing this, but it was terribly funny. I will have you know that after both attempts we figured our apples were clean enough to eat, so we munched away.


If that wasn't enough for the drive home, you haven't met our highway friends. Now, I wouldn't necessarily call them friends, but they wanted more from us than we would ever dream of giving them. We passed these random boys while driving and at first they just waived obnoxiously. We waved and moved on. I guess they took this as "let's play a game!" So, they proceeded to pass us again, and again, waiving obnoxiously. I'm surprised they didn't get the point when they saw all of us just laughing and NOT waiving back. There car, or van I should say, was just too funny so we took a picture. We didn't think they saw that, but unfortunately once we passed again, they took a picture of us. Okay, seriously laughing now. Did I mention we were tired?! They were driving SO slow, so we, not wanting to, decided to pass them again. This time, they held up a sign. I will refrain from putting on this blog what they said, but you can only imagine what 2 boys would say. At this point we were, yes, laughing, but seriously just wanted to get home, and quite shocked I might add. After passing a few more times, and after a few more signs, we so happily made it back to Huntsville and were very grateful to say the least. I sure hope the rest of their car ride went well.



That was our weekend, an eventful one it was, but fun!!!

I am now sitting in the precious computer lab that I love oh, so much typing a paper that I love, oh, so much. ;)

I think the only thing keeping me motivated is the fact that: A) I only have 2 days of class and I'm out for Thanksgiving!!! and B) THE BACHELOR IS TONIGHT and I absolutely cannont wait!!!! I haven't missed an episode yet, and you better know that I am NOT gonna miss it tonight!!

On that note...I better get back to writing my paper!!! :)

Much love to all of you!!!!!


10 comments:

Jenny said...

Can we just pray for the apple washing!? I can hear your laugh all the way out here in Baton Rouge!

Traci Anne said...

Wait! How did I live in Waco for FOUR YEARS and not know about this book sale?! DANG IT! All my money went to Barnes & Noble and Compass (RIP)!

Glad y'all had fun :)

Megan said...

Lindsee, I have to say, I actually read this post all the way through (hehe). I seriously laughed out loud! I just had a blast with you and the other bridesmaids. Oh, the memories...how I will always remember them! Love you more than you know. Thanks for coming!

P.S. The Compass was an awesome Christian bookstore...like not typical at all...wish it was still there! :(

Megan said...

And thanks for linking my engagement pics...means a lot to me, you just have no idea!

Jackie said...

oh I am sitting here waiting for the Bachelor- can't wait to see how the dates go tonight!! Your road trip to Waco sounds crazy-fun!! I spent SOOOO much time in Waco when I was in college. My hubby went to Baylor so we were back and forth between Baylor and Houston (I was at HBU) all the time!! SO fun!! Glad you are almost out for Thanksgiving, I am SURE you need the break!! Take care sweet friend! love ya!

Kenya Dig It? said...

ok so the bachelor.............ya ridiculous. Semi-roadtrip to Waco, awesome!!! Hilarious good times! love you! have a great break!!

Ashley said...

Sounds like fun!

Can you believe the Bachelor ending? ugh!

Janelle and Ella said...

It was almost impossible for me to read the rest of your blog because I couldn't stop staring at the cookie monster picture! That is one of my favorite desserts.
Glad y'all had such a fun and FUNNY time!!

Janelle and Ella said...

It was almost impossible for me to read the rest of your blog because I couldn't stop staring at the cookie monster picture! That is one of my favorite desserts.
Glad y'all had such a fun and FUNNY time!!

Erin Ward said...

mmmm yes. the cookie monster at Cheddars! I didn't know you had Cheddars in Texas. I thought there were only a few of them. hmm guess not. I'm glad you got to enjoy a free cookie monster! :)