Wednesday, November 21, 2007

My Heart Is Full

It's officially Thanksgiving Eve, and I have a full heart! My heart is oh, so very grateful on this "day of giving thanks!"

Let me tell you what I am thankful for...

- I am thankful for my wonderful family and the laughter we share. I can only wait in anticipation for tomorrow as I know we will play many fun games and have many fun laughs with another family that I dearly love. (I am also thankful for Green Bean Casserole! Can I get an Amen?!)

- I am thankful for school. As hard as it is, and as much as I hate it sometimes, I am ALMOST done and will be officially a college graduate. Need I say more?!

- I am thankful for my wonderful friends that are scattered all around the COUNTRY this Thanksgiving day. As much as I would like them to be right here with me in Houston, Texas, I know the Lord has placed them where they are right now to bring glory to him. So, as much as I miss them, I am one BLESSED and THANKFUL girl for MY girls. Mrs. Louisiana, Mrs. Montana and Mrs. Africa I love you so much and am so thankful for you this week. Now if only I could give you a big hug....

- I am thankful for Phi Lamb and the many blessings that follow with this amazing organization. As my last semester is coming to an end, I am sad, yet thankful for all the sweet friendships I know I will have for life and for the person it has made me today. The Lord is all over Phi Lamb and I am so grateful.

- I am thankful for Matzke Elementary. I got all nostalgic today as I went back to go have lunch with my 2nd grade neighbor. I love that school. I also went to watch her Field Day. Okay, seriously a walk down memory lane...but I so loved it.

- I am thankful for face wash. Yes, I am weird. But I will have you know that I have NOT gone one night since like 7th grade that, no matter how tired I seriously am, I still HAVE to wash my face or I can just kick a good night sleep goodbye. I am anal about my skin. So, therefore, thankful for face wash.

- I am thankful for music. Seriously, what would we do without it. It touches my heart like nothing else. I love to sing. I simply LOVE music.

- I am thankful for Jesus and what he did for me on the cross. He went up on that cross thinking that I was worth it. And, that YOU were worth it. Are you kidding me?! I can't even comprehend that. But, it leaves me more than thankful for Him.

- And lastly, I am thankful for my story. I am thankful that the Lord has kept me single for the past 22 years. As hard as it gets sometimes, and as much as I wonder if he will ever bring someone along my path to serve him better with, I am thankful for this time. It is in my singleness that I can see who I really am and how satisfied I am in HIM. It is in this time that I have no distractions from him (although I say that and have plenty of distractions). But, it leaves me thankful for God and his faithfulness to me. He is faithful and DOES have a plan for my life...and I will choose to walk in that plan. For His ways are far better than mine and he seriously can do more than I can ever imagine (Eph. 3:20). So, I am thankful for my story so that ultimately HE will be glorified.

I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving Day. Don't forget to reflect on what you are thankful for tomorrow. I love Thanksgiving. I love it because I love the Holidays...and this is only the beginning!!

Much love to all of you. And, I hope you know how thankful I am for YOU! Yes, you, reading this blog. It seriously has blessed me more than I ever thought a blog could. Thank you for all your sweet comments and encouragement this past year. I have loved getting to know each and everyone of you! (That is if we haven't met in person before!)

I'll leave you with a picture of me and my sweet Dad. A friend of ours took it this summer at a Father/Daughter night that we emceed. I just love it. Sorry for the quality...but it's a picture of a picture!! :)



15 comments:

Jackie said...

that is a sweet list of "thanks" I am thankful for you, and meeting you through blog-land. Can't wait until I can see you on Tuesdays...how fun and exciting! Hope your day is just WONDERFUL tomorrow. Love you sweet friend.

Unknown said...

Lindsee, I love reading your blog and hearing about all that the Lord is doing in your life. Thank you for being such an encourager and for the reminder that God is faithful in all things. I hope you and you family have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Traci Anne said...

Happy Thanksgiving, pumpkin :)

Angela Baylis said...

Hi Lindsee,
I just wanted to stop by to tell you that I hope you had a very nice Thanksgiving! My husband and I just got home from Targe* since we were looking for some t.v.s for his new practice that were on sale. Unfortunately they were sold out! It was crazy out there at 6:00AM. I'm glad to be back home!
Have a great weekend!
Love,
Angie xoxo

Tammie Head said...

Thank you for your sweet comments! I would love to meet you sometime!

I pray your Thanksgiving was wonderful :) I loved reading through all the things you were thankful for...especially the face wash! LOL!!

As for the question about Carrie, nope, I've never heard of her!

Hey, where do you go to church? Just wondering.


tammie

Tully-Tea said...

Lindsee, you have a wonderful blog. Your post on what you're thankful for "My Heart Is Full" is such a wonderful testimony. You're an encouragement to others. Lord bless you!

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei seu blog pelo google está bem interessante gostei desse post. Gostaria de falar sobre o CresceNet. O CresceNet é um provedor de internet discada que remunera seus usuários pelo tempo conectado. Exatamente isso que você leu, estão pagando para você conectar. O provedor paga 20 centavos por hora de conexão discada com ligação local para mais de 2100 cidades do Brasil. O CresceNet tem um acelerador de conexão, que deixa sua conexão até 10 vezes mais rápida. Quem utiliza banda larga pode lucrar também, basta se cadastrar no CresceNet e quando for dormir conectar por discada, é possível pagar a ADSL só com o dinheiro da discada. Nos horários de minuto único o gasto com telefone é mínimo e a remuneração do CresceNet generosa. Se você quiser linkar o Cresce.Net(www.provedorcrescenet.com) no seu blog eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso. If is possible add the CresceNet(www.provedorcrescenet.com) in your blogroll, I thank. Good bye friend.

Tammie Head said...

Girl, you are right near me! I am in Coles Crossing...which is a hop, skip, and a jump from there :)

We also have friends who go to your church. As well as several families that we do a mission trip to Africa in the summer's with!

We should hook up sometime when you are home for the holidays!

Speaking of First, I teach a class at Houston's First. It's an all-ages Women's class.

Blessings sweet girl,
tammie

Fran said...

Hey girl!
I know your Thanksgiving was wonderful being home and enjoying some R and R!!

I am so thankful for you too my dear blogging imaginary friend! I love this community that we have.

And, the picture of you and your dad.....AWESOME!

Have a great rest of the weekend!
Hugs~
Fran

Bev Brandon @ The Fray said...

Lindsee Lou, you touched my heart when you said you love your story. What joy that brings to your Father's heart that you receive His will, His timing. Someone said the glory of God is being fully alive and you are! Isaish 64:4 - you WAIT for no man...God acts in behalf of those who wait for HIM and you are! You are such a delight to me, you sweet thing! So full of life, full of love, full of faith. That dad passed on to you some stability - Isa 33:6 - and laid such a precious foundation. Isa. 46:4 - your God carries you and it is so evident. My love to you, sweet girl! Bev

Little Steps Of Faith said...

Can I just say I just love you:)
Thanks for the Thanksgiving comment:)
I promise in a few weeks my blog will be updated more than it has been; school is insane...can I get a witness?:)

Be Blessed:)
Ang

In His Grip said...

Lindsee,
Landed on your page and thought I would stop and say "hey".
How wonderful that you are leading a girls group! We are in such desperate need of God-honoring young women to be models for our teens.
I lead my daughters group (she is 15) and we have a ball! God's word is such an adventure.
Thank you for stepping up.
Lisa J

Speaking Thru Me Ministries said...

love the picture !!!!!!!!



ummmmmmmmmm, what is up with the comment NOT in English??

love, Leigh

BTW - I am thankful for you!

Lindsee Lou said...

Leigh,

I have NO idea what that gibberish(?) comment is! I guess that's why people have comment moderation and spam blocker. Maybe I should look into it! ;)

Lindsee

connorcolesmom said...

Yes so much to be thankful for :)
I love the picture of you and your daddy!!
You are just darling!
God bless,
Kim