Growing up I was never boy crazy.
I had two brothers and boys scared me. Sometimes they still do, but that’s another post for another day. (I’ll blame that on my brothers. I think they scarred me for life. I’m not naïve to boy tactics. Or sounds. Or smells for that matter.)
However, growing up I had one crush that lasted for-e-ver. (Said in the Sandlot tone.)
His name was Zack Morris.
He was the boyfriend (off and on, mind you) of Kelly Kapowski on Saved by the Bell.
He was beautiful. And kind. Acted. Played football. Was most popular. Had a brick of a cell phone. And so much more.
What wasn’t to love?
I loved him so much. My love for him manifested itself by doodling his name all over my notebooks.
It looked something like “Lindsee loves Zack Morris”.
“Zack Morris loves Lindsee”.
“Lindsee Morris”.
You get the point.
I wanted to marry him.
The best part, however, is that he was a fictional character.
Zack Morris only exists one hour a day now on TBS during the re-runs of Saved by the Bell. If I was still in love, I would DVR every episode, but I don’t. I let him go. I’ve moved on. Praise the Lord.
All that to say, if I could have dressed up as one person for Halloween, I would have been Kelly Kapowski. Besides the fact that I wasn’t a cheerleader and most popular, we have a lot of similarities.
And by a lot I mean we both have long brown hair.
A girl can dream, can’t she?
While I did not dress up as Kelly Kapowski this past Monday evening, Bayside High was still very well represented.
Can’t be Kelly Kapowski? Wear the Bayside High t-shirt.
I joked so much about going to my friend Amanda’s house as Kelly Kapowski that I almost had the guts to find the items and go as her, but I think I loved it more when I showed up in a Bayside High shirt and shocked everyone.
If they only knew the other paraphernalia I owned.
I’m not ashamed.
Although I am positive no one laid one eye on my t-shirt that evening, I was so happy to assist my friends handing out candy to some of the cutest kiddos ever while representing my favorite childhood television show. We had so much fun.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





7 comments:
This gives me hope that Annika won't be boy crazy with the sounds and smells that she'll be exposed to!
You.Make.Me.Smile.
The end
LOVE it! I would be Sidney as well. I still think about that show ALL THE TIME!!
P.S. I'm joining the blog challenge. I think.
So jealous of your Bayside Tiger shirt!!!..Where did you get it?!
I own that same issue of People...it has a home in my memorabilia drawer right next to my autographed copy of one of Jane Seymour's book. (My love for SBTB was only eclipsed by my love for Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman.) I miss the 90's.
Aww, yay for being able to sing every.single.word to the theme song of SBTB!! I unashamedly have the entire series on DVD, as well as the Saved by the Bell game. Did you see Mark-Paul on Jimmy Fallon? Google it. Hilarious. My younger brother shares the same love for the show, and we were laughing so hard at his interview.
Amy
Lindsee, you are a woman after my own heart... I Loved 'Saved by the Bell' and I Loved 'Zack' even more than the show itself. He was just so darn cute... that smile & wink he would do at the camera, oh be still my heart. And we can't forget about the hair. :)
Girl, I even sadly, tried to keep up with the 'Saved by the Bell - College Years', but sigh, it stunk! However, they did redeem themselves with the movie & wedding in Hawaii. I was so happy that they got married. I secretly wish a reunion would happen & we could see there lives now... kids? Did Screech & Lisa ever get married? LOL!!!
I could do on and on! :)
Post a Comment