Sunday, November 4, 2007

Blue Bell in a Bag?

I saw something I've never seen before this weekend.

My parents came for a visit on Saturday for Parents Weekend. (More on that later!) We went to the phi lamb picnic, went to and watched some of the football game, then left the game at half time because I wanted to take them to one of my favorite restaurants here called Mackenzie's. Oh, it is so good. You can either have the BBQ side, or the hamburger side and I chose to take them to the hamburger side since those hamburgers are simply delightful.

Clearly, we had already eaten a little bit earlier at the picninc, so my Mom decided to get some dessert. Let me tell you, it is slim pick en's for dessert there at Mackenzie's, but she decided to get the peach cobbler with vanilla ice cream. Sounds normal, right?! Oh yes, that is until she came back to the table with the peach cobbler in a nice Styrofoam bowl and Blue Bell Vanilla Ice Cream in a BAG. Y'all, I am not kidding. We were VERY tickled to say the least.

We investigated the bag for a while to see if there was anything else in there, like a Popsicle stick maybe? But no. Just the one scoop of vanilla ice cream. I've never seen anything like it. Can you tell I live in Huntsville, Texas. Oh, the joy's of small towns.

The end product was mouth watering, very yummy. But, no more gallon or pint size ice cream for sale, Blue Bell is sellin' it by the bag now! One scoop for all...

Anybody want some?! ;)




And for those of you that haven't had the pleasure of tasting Blue Bell ice cream. I am so sorry. You really are missing out on a little part of Heaven here on Earth.

8 comments:

Raven said...

oh mckenzies!! can we please please go eat there while i'm in town?!

blue bell in a bag.. weird but yummy!

Jenny said...

Okay that is WEIRD.

Jaclyn said...

haha! well-- i don't care it comes i will eat it :)

Anonymous said...

Ok Linds, how's this - Blue Bell in a Bag, Vacuum Vampire, and Parents Picnic & Pigskin?! You like?! (Actually it should be in correct order - Parent's Picnic & Pigskin, Blue Bell in a Bag, and Vacuum Vampire!)
M

Angela Baylis said...

I've never had any, but YES...I definitely want some!
I don't think we have any in Michigan???

You are making me hungry!
Love,
Angie xoxo

Jackie said...

i think i'd eat blue bell ANY WAY it came- but that is TOO funny!!! Maybe I should have gone by that place before we left Sam! :)
love ya girl!

AbbyLane said...

hahahahaha that is the funniest thing i've seen in a while...i'm not sure i could handle that...don't get me wrong, i just finished a bowl of breyers (sp?) but that clump...ahahaha i duno :p

Fran said...

Ok...thats either really weird or we don't care because its just so good. Obviously it was eaten and enjoyed. Still weird though. :)