When I say LONG time, I mean a LONG time, ladies. I have never not know her. I never remember meeting her. I just know that I grew up with her and we did EVERY little thing together from school, church, HCC (Houston Children's Chorus) to anything you can imagine. Where she was, I was. Where her parents were, mine were. I would throw an absolute fit if she couldn't spend the night. Ask her.
One Saturday night we were eating out and I asked mom if Jen could spend the night. My mom agreed, but Cheryl didn't think it was a great idea saying we had church the next day. I totally understand now, but at the time it didn't seem fair to me. Needless to say, I threw a little fit and headed to my car in despression. About 5 minutes later, after Cheryl felt sorry for me, she gave in and let Jen spend the night. After Jen hopped in my car she asked if I had been crying. My responce was a quick NO!
As she always states in my birthday card, I do love the 2 months that we are the same age. She's a whole year older than me, but I look 10 years older than her. Not fair. The Lord did not bless us in the fact that we have NEVER been able to share clothes or shoes. I'm 6' tall and she's a wopping 5'5 (I think!). She's a red head with fair skin, and I have brown hair and tan like a mexican. Total opposites, yet I love her more than she knows!
Jen's now married to her sweet Grant and they live in Baton Rouge, Louisianna. I miss her dearly but love the times we get to see eachother. They are few and far between, but they are that much sweeter!
So, Happy Birthday, my precious Jennifer (also a little known fact I am one of the few people that call her Jennifer!). I love you more than you know and hope you have a wonderful 1st birthday as a married woman!!
Jen at her Bachelorette Dinner!
My 20th Birthday...
One year ago.....
Good times have been had!

Girls WEEKED 2006....
Girls WEEKED 2007!!

Their Rehearsal Dinner :)

Catching the bouquet at her wedding...yea!!
At Joanna's wedding!
I love my Jen! Happy Birthday!
3 comments:
Thank you for that my sweet precious :) I love you so much and I'll see you in just a few days!!!!
aw! so sweet. i love the story about wanting to spend the night. it just made me laugh :)
but... you do know that when it's my birthday-- oct. 10-- that i expect a post! haha. i'm so just kidding!
i love you!
It's such a blessing to have best friends like this.
Okay, I totally stole your signature. I've always wanted one but didn't know how to go about it. So I clicked on yours and wahlah, I now have my own. Thanks!!
Post a Comment