VERY UN-PRODUCTIVE!
Yes, I've gotten the occasional email done, or paper copied, but other than that...today's been a pretty un-productive day.
I think the reason for that is I'd just plain rather be somewhere else than here. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my job. But, you all know there are those days you'd rather be at the pool laying out, shopping with somebody, or just being lazy laying around. I'd rather be doing one of those than be here.
Fridays at the office are always pretty slow because our church closes at noon on Fridays, so, while the rest of the church is gone doing things like that, we are here. And it's quiet. Very quiet. You would think that'd be a great day to get things done, but sometimes the quiet distracts me even more.
Right now I could be making an excel spread sheet, or making a few phone calls, but since I know it can all wait till Monday, I'm just having a problem getting started and it's almost 4:00. Almost time to go home, so why start now?! At least that's my thinking.
I will have you know, thought, that this past week has been VERY productive. Project Runway on Wednesday night was an absolute hit and blast. We had about 90 people show up. So many came we had to add a table! Praise the Lord. All the Jr. High girls and their mothers had a great time and our high school models were fabulous. They were everything we imagined and more!
Thursday I was with Claire all day running wedding errands. We went to The Woodlands where she got a new swim suit for her honeymoon (in the Bahamas) and a rehearsal dinner dress. It is adorable. And I can't forget to mention we had lunch at The Cheesecake Factory, delicious. After returning home from an all day trip, we had to run to Weddings by Debbie so she could drop off the bridesmaids dresses to get steamed. That was a trip in itself and we didn't get back to the house till around 8, where we then sat on my car and chatted till about 9 until the mosquitoes decided to join us.
Fun and productive day. Opposite of today.
So, that's when I like to say:
Thank Goodness It's Friday!! :)
6 comments:
girl do i ever know how hard it is to be motivated and productive!! But, its getting better i will have you know :)
I love you and i am glad its Friday too!! I miss your face!! You're stunning LKE!!
What a fun day you had with Claire! I'm jealous!
Fridays and productivity just don't tend to mix well lol. Have a great weekend! I'm glad project runway went well!
I totally get the unproductive Friday thing. :)
I got all done this morning, and came home and went back to bed!
At least you stayed awake:)
Ang
Okay girl! You gotta at least post a couple of pictures from the runway dealio!
And Cheesecake Factory...yum!
And enjoy your lack of productivity. You deserve it working-machine!
Post a Comment