Last night was our annual Astros game night. Always a blast and filled with LOTS of laughter and memories. Last night was probably my all time favorite game not only because WE WON, but because of the people.
We got to the game and sat in our wonderful seats about an hour before the game started. All was well in Astro land until one man came and sat in front of us. This wouldn't be a problem, but he wasn't very nice to us upon his arrival when someone was sitting in his seat. After asking us what seats we had, we told him we were just chatting and politely moved out of his seat so he could sit down. Alrighty, we're good now!
Oh, but wait, we weren't out of the blue yet. About 30 minutes after the game started he turned around to Dana and asked if she was with the group. "Yes!" she told him. He then proceeded to tell her, in a not so sweet voice, that we were way to loud and needed to be quiet because he was trying to hear the game. Ummmmm....okay.
I am so sorry, sir, but if I am thinking straight, I recall us being at a BASEBALL GAME, not the Opera. You can't hear anything those guys say anyway, it's all mumbly and we're here to WATCH the game, not really LISTEN to it.
Y'all, I'm not gonna lie, it was so hard to keep the mouth shut and be Christ-like. I really wanted to tell him what I just wrote. Especially after he kept giving us dirty looks...no joke. His wife and 2 kids were with him and if I were them, I would have been embarrassed. Once again, we're at a Baseball game. Nothing is quiet.
To be honest, we didn't quiet down. We screamed when Biggio made another hit. We screamed when we made 4 home runs. We proudly did the wave, the claps and every song you can imagine. We danced, we laughed, and made memories. Nothing was stopping us from having fun. I've never heard of anyone wanting "quiet" at a game...they don't go hand in hand.
They left the game about 2 hours after it started. We then took their seats, had fun, and screamed even louder. It was a blast.
The last thing that put me over the edge with fun was the engagement. Now, here me now, I would NEVER want to get engaged at a game. It's not my thing, but it happens here quite a bit. Before the game started I told Dana that if someone got engaged while I was at the game, I might wet myself. Low and behold...someone got engaged. Surprise?! Ummm...no. It happened. And I laughed real hard. I so called it. Thank you very much!
All in all it was a great night! And, the Astros beat the Cubs 3 games in a row. I love my 'stros!
Dana and I laughing...a very common occurance. (And Kevyn being candid!)

Waiting for the game to start....

The not-so-very-nice man, and his sleeping daughter.

Not only was he not very nice, he took up my leg room with his arm. For 2 hours.

SHHHHHHHH..........

David...being David.

Some cute girls...

Good times!

The guy who proposed. (Sorry for the wierd pictures...my camera was so delayed. I tried to get it, though!)

Using fun tools on my camera!

Minute Maid Park!
3 comments:
Oh Lordy, I can just picture you and Dana trying to hold it together! Love it!
Giggle,snicker,sssshhhhh!
Love the post, and the pictures Lindsee but I love the fun more!
See you when we get back from vacation! Love ya!
Oh heavens!! I just might believe this man was a former YMCA daycamp parent...sounds about right ;)
I love you!! I am glad you had a good time and didn't let grumpy fart spoil your fun!!
I miss you alot!!
Post a Comment