Thursday, August 30, 2007

The Life of a College Senior

...is quite crazy! Let me reassure you I am a 5th year senior, but still, life is crazy.

You know how you go into the beginning of the semester, particularly the first week, and you just know it's gonna be an easy week?! I mean, come on, what more could we do than go over the syllabus? Well, I was wrong. My first week was crazy...projects, homework assignments, papers, and syllabus's galore. I was a little overwhelmed and messy organized I might add...which never helps anything.

I arrived at school 2 weeks ago Sunday. I will have you know that I un-packed TODAY. Yes, almost 2 weeks into school and I finally packed, and got organized. I do feel better about school now that I am organized, I feel like I've got my feet on rock instead of sand...but still...I know in my heart of hearts it will be a semester filled with lots of projects, papers, silly crafts (oh the joys of being an educations major!) state exams, late nights, and lots of Starbucks! It will be a blast at the least. But, I am trying to make the best of it!

These past weeks have been crazy. I got to school the day before it started because of the Lambert's wedding, which was gorgeous, and have been going full blast ever since then. Here is what it looked like, in list form:

- Got back to Huntsville on Sunday and unloaded the car by myself in 100 degree heat. My old roommate came over to help, but got the "just in time" as I was taking up the last bag. After catching up she invited me over for dinner and a night of High School Musical 2, the sing along version. We watched HSM together so we only found it appropriate to watch HSM 2 together. It was a blast.

- Monday started school. Thankfully, it was just orientation for our Methods block, but we all left feeling ungratefully confused.

- Tuesday started real class for me. Early rising had me done. (I am trying to get into a routine...promise!) I was so stinking tired all I could do was come home and crash until the TRUTH meeting that night.

- Wednesday was yet more class and then off the night class. Can I ever go a semester without having night class...apparently NOT!

- Thursday I had class once again, ran some errands and then hung out with one of my girls. It was a night of laughing and Dangerous Minds!

- Friday was my productive day. I cleaned (somewhat), worked out in my ever so lovely pool, took a shower and headed to Conroe to have dinner with my sweet Jen where we then proceeded to go to a free concert. What got me was that we didn't get home till about midnight and there was no way I could make it to Huntsville, so I stayed in the Woodlands with her and was out like a light!

- Saturday I had to rise early because I was supposed to be leaving for Waco at 10 a.m. and hadn't gotten ready, or packed for the weekend (and I was still in the Woodlands!). So I got up, washed my face and headed for Huntsville around 8 so I could be ready to go. I was just pooped. Christy and I finally made it to Waco where Megan warmly greeted us. She was so excited that we finally made it she could have wet herself. Megan is my new roommate and is getting married next June, so this was the first ''wedding weekend'' and we were all overjoyed. She had the whole day planned out from lunch to bedtime. It was such a good time, and we laughed a lot. We visited SO many precious little shops, all of which I wanted to buy EVERYTHING. Baylor students are so lucky to have such a precious town. I also ate my first meal at Taco Bueno, not bad, and definitely not expensive! That night we ate dinner at a lovely local restaurant where I am sure we made our waitress mad because we were so giddy the whole time. When I start laughing, it's over. After our meal we proceeded to the movie theatre to see Nanny Diaries. Y'all, it was precious. Just a sweet movie to enjoy!

- Sunday we got up, got ready and then headed to the mall for some last minute shopping before we had to be at the Bridal Extravaganza. The whole reason we were in Waco for the weekend was for this reason, so Megan was very excited. If you've never been to a Bridal Extravaganza, prepare yourself. It is very OVERWHELMING. Fun, but overwhelming. You get so many ideas and offers that you just don't know what to do with yourself. A great time was had by all and we were some EXHAUSTED girls when we left. Megan and I stayed another night in Waco and Christy went on home. We went to her friends surprise party, ate some pizza, and then helped Amanda, Meg's best friend, in her classroom because her first day to teach was that Monday.

- We finally left on Monday where we stopped in good ole' Buffalo to grab some Subway and Bluebell. What could be better?! When we got home we were worthless. So, we sat around until I had my phi lamb meeting that night.

- Tuesday was another full day of classes, computer labs, and then TRUTH.

- Wednesday, once again, full day of classes. But, Megan and I celebrated the long weekend that night by watching Pride and Prejudice. I'm sad to say I fell asleep, not because I didn't enjoy it, but because I was just pooped.

- Today, as I said earlier, was a very productive day. I unpacked, washed my sheets, scrubbed my bathroom, cleaned my room, took me a sweet shower than headed home for the weekend, where I am as I type this. It's a great feeling.

I don't have any plans for the weekend and I am very excited about that. I'll let you know how it goes, and I promise, PROMISE to post pictures of the past 2 weeks very soon. It will even be a post dedicated to just pictures...how's that?!

Thanks for reading my terribly long post, friends. I hope to never get this behind again because it simply irritates me! These long posts make me tired!

2 comments:

Megan said...

Whew, we both had such a crazy, busy, fun-filled, first week of school! Well, I just had an absoulte blast with you last weekend, and I am just oh, so thankful you came (glad you know as much as you do too). Cannot wait for more fun-filled weekends with you. Love you and so glad you're apart of my life and my wedding!

MBM

Shelly said...

GIRL! You sound like me. I've been here almost a week now, so that means I've got another one before I have to finish unpacking right? B/c I haven't :( lol

Whew....starbucks, how I love thee :)