So, I'm curious! How many of you that read my blog either have teenage daughters that age or work with girls that age? And by work I don't necessarily mean full time ministry, but maybe you volunteer in your churches youth group. (Some cities/states consider 5th grade apart of that group, so we'll consider that age as well.)
If you fall into one of these two categories, would you be so kind to humor me and let me know by leaving a comment? It would be fun to know your name, where you live and what your favorite thing is about girls this age.
For all I know there could be no one, I'm truly just super curious!
Happy Weekend!
11 comments:
Hey Lindsee!
I co-lead a high school girls Bible study in Statesboro, GA! We have about 9 in the group...from 15-18 years old. So fun and ALWAYS very interesting, haha.
The girls are precious. My favorite thing about our girls is their hearts and their spunk. They are crazy and messing up and learning and growing, but they have hearts for the Lord and are tuning into to His courtship of them. It is fun watching that relationship grow!
Have a great weekend!
Well, I did work with high school girls at our church back home before moving here. I love it and miss it very much. Praying the Lord would show us where He wants and we can get plugged back in. Oh BTW, I live in your neck of the woods! :)
Hey Lindsee,
You know I've followed your blog for a long time--through student teaching etc. Would you believe it, I actually have a daughter who's just aged out of your target group. She's 18 now and in college, but for much of my reading, she was in the group you were working with. What's really sad, is that there was no high school group for her at our church. I wish she had the opportunity to work with someone like you!!
I've taught high school Sunday school, before, but I really don't have a heart for it. Give me college students/women any day! (must be the professor in me).
Much love,
~Cheryl
Hi Lindsee!
I have worked with our youth group (ages 12-18) for 9 years. But, my absolute favorite thing is teaching our high school girls class. They are a blast and we have so much fun together. I have 2 girls of my own (ages 8 and 4) and I feel like I'm getting a little 'heads up' on what to expect as a parent.
I'm amazed at the girls in my class and the lengths they will go to take a stand for Christ. So refreshing!
Oh, wait ... I'm in NC
Hi Lindsee, I just started reading your blog yesterday! I love it already, because you remind me so much of myself and it's encouraging to read with a slightly different twist, your personality! :)
I think it's sweet how Jesus can thread us together in His beautiful tapestry, even by way of blogging.
I am a freshman in college in San Antonio but am from the greater Houston area. I am involved in a small group and will be leading one next year! I love teenage girls; I have a huge heart for the ministry!
Hey Lindsee!! I don't even know how I happened upon your blog one day, but I would say its a "God-thing!"
I live in Albany, Georgia...very south:) My heart is not for particulary girls and women but for a movement that will change this world upside down for Christ. My passion is missions and God has shown me part of this is showing girls just "how to" show the love of Christ in every aspect of their lives. A chain effect, loving someone...someone sees that love...they love on someone...etc. :)
I just love to love on girls. I am only 21 (but almost 22:)) so I know exactly what they are going through, since I was there not so long ago. I help out with the middle school girls and high school girls. My favorite thing is that they just love to learn and they are so passionate. It's so much fun to see their lives glorify their Heavenly Daddy!
Shine.
Ivy.
Hey Lindsee!
I'm currently leading a group of 6th grade girls through a weekly small group and "doing breakfast and life" with some tenth graders. My real "paying" job is a sales-type job...but since I get to work with sorority girls, I find myself loving on them and finding ways to minister there as well.
The Lord truly blessed me beyond my wildest dreams when he opened the doors for me to move to Birmingham, AL.
I randomly found your blog. I hope it doesn't creep you out that I'm commenting!
My name is Anne, and I live in Hot Springs, Arkansas. I work with the 11th and 12th grade girls at my church. My favorite thing about girls this age is that I can see how they are really getting a grasp on their faith, making it personal, and also there genuine desire to grow closer to their Creator. I learn so much from them!
hi Lindsee! another random follower- I don't know how I happened upon your blog, but sometimes I feel like we are one in the same. I work for Camp Ozark with the female Summer Staff, so a bit older. our campers though are 7-17, so definitely within the range as well.
i love the freshness that our girls see in the things that I can take for granted in my faith. it is obvious that the Lord is using you in incredible ways! praying for your ministry.
Hey Lindsee! I'm glad I ran across your blog! My husband is the youth minister at our church and I teach the high school girls Sunday School class. I love that age, but I really love just being around the youth girls in general. Sure, they have drama, but they are the best chicks around!!
Post a Comment