Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Deal or No Deal

This post is what I would like to call totally random.

I just had this random thought to myself, and had to laugh out loud. You know what that thought was?

Well, last Tuesday at TRUTH, we were talking about God's plan for our life. We were talking about how we always play "deal or no deal" with the Lord. Basically, this means that he opens a door for us, gives us a desire, or something to that extent, this is where he is pitching a deal to us. Here, we can either take it or leave it. So many times we leave it!

Then sometimes, it's the other way around. We pitch our deal to the Lord and let him know that if this, or this happens, he would certainly get all the glory and we'd be tight. Get it?! That if he'd basically do what we told him, at the time we want him to do it, life would be peachy!

I started laughing because this is SO me. Oh, how true it is! SO often I tell the Lord my little plan, and let him know that he is more than welcome to be in on it. One of the things I let him know (and quite often I might add!) is that getting married in the summer of 2008 would be absolutely, without a doubt, just perfect! Yep, I sure do. I always tell him that at that point, I will have just graduated and it is just the perfect time! I laugh at myself, a lot!

Whats even funnier is that I am not even dating anyone! Yes, now you may laugh, I sure am! I know he is sitting on his throne saying, "Are you just crazy, Lindsee? My plan is so much better than you could ever imagine, and my time is more than perfect!" He is probably laughing, too!

I just thought this was funny. Simply because I was just thinking to myself that exact thought, that getting married in 2008 is just perfect! Guilty as charged!!

I am gonna strive really hard to stop pitching MY deals to him, and hopefully, I will take more of his. They are so much sweeter!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love you dearly!! You're amazing!! You just keep living for the glory of the Lord :) As i can testify its well worth the wait for God's absolute best and nothing short of that! Hes preparing him...i believe it!!
Hugs,
Joanna
P.S. I would sign in with my name but i am having some troubles...back to being anonymous...hahah