Friday, May 11, 2007

Freedom

Whew, folks! It's been awhile. But, I am happy to announce that I am officially done with the 07' spring semester! Praise the Good Lord!! :) Come Monday I have a mini-mester, but it's all good, we only meet 4 times for 2 weeks...not bad at all!!

This semester has probably been one of the FASTEST semesters yet. I am not joking. It seems crazy, I feel like just yesterday I was unpacking my bag from Christmas break and so not ready for school to start again, now here I am reporting that it is done and yet packing once again to go home for the summer!!

It has been a wonderful one, though. Many things to rejoice about, and MANY great memories with my sweet friends that I will forever cherish. It was a good semester, and I am so grateful!

I was talking last night to a few girls (we're trying to hang out as much as possible because half of them are leaving!) and we started talking about boys...of course. Now, it wasn't an ordinary conversation, it was one of encouragement and revelation.

As most of you know, and some of you don't, I am almost 22 and never been kissed, never had a boyfriend, and never been on a date. Now, don't go freaking out and feeling sorry for me, nor don't go thinking I've never liked anyone, OH, there have been PLENTY! Yes, for a girl sometimes this can be discouraging, our first instinct is to think, what is wrong with me? Am I too tall, to fat, to skinny, not pretty enough? But, I choose to think otherwise. I am not perfect by any means, and I have thought these thoughts MANY times, but the Lord has slowly changed my thinking. Praise HIM!

Earlier in the year, as one of my precious friends told me, the Lord has had his absolute shield around me, for whatever reason. As I begun to think about it, I feel blessed. In our world today, this is so uncommon. But, the Lord has chosen me to wait. To wait for the one that I will spend the rest of my life with. I am not gonna play the whole game of "dating around!" At one point, I thought I would. But, what's the point? If I have come this far, I am more than willing to wait for HIS perfect timing. Yes, sometimes I don't understand his timing, especially when I am surrounded by weddings. Sometimes I wish I would meet the man tomorrow and we could get married quickly. Then, other times, I enjoy where I am at. It's just a roller coaster of thoughts and feelings.

I know the Lord is writing my love story as we speak. He is preparing me and my future husband for each other and it is an absolutely thrilling adventure. One day, out of nowhere, HE is going to completely surprise me! (Thank you Joanna!)

So, here I am, waiting patiently, serving the Lord, and loving HIM more and more. For now, in HIS timing, that is perfect.

4 comments:

Jenny said...

Oh how I love you. You teach me so much about life. :) I'm proud of you! XOXOXOXOXO

John and Joanna said...

I love you :) You make me proud to be your friend!! And i was honored to have my name in parentheses!!!

I just adore you :)
Jo

Becky Perez said...

Lindsee, I love how open and honest you are. Daniel was my first everything, and I wouldn't trade that for anything!! It was such a special gift from God (although I didn't know during many times of frustration before meeting Daniel! :)
I hope to see you soon!

Shelly said...

Amen sister! :) I've had that same word spoken over me (re: the Lord being a shield around you). I have come to so deeply appreciate the grace and mercy of Him covering me in His perfect timing and wisdom. It makes life so much easier!!! Besides, I've got the Husband of all times :)