I'm a girl, so therefore, I am emotional! I think, though, that I have been extra emotional this weekend.
You see, Joanna graduated on Saturday, I am just oh so proud of her! She deserved that diploma she got and I couldn't be happier. Next, as I said earlier, she gets married July 7th. Since summer is just a week away (for me at least!) I think I am realizing that her wedding is getting closer and closer, which means, her moving to Montana is getting closer and closer. This wouldn't be as hard, but, Jen got married and moved to Louisiana in January. I miss her dearly, and she's only a 6 hour drive away. Sally, my other precious girl, is in Houston at the moment, but come this fall, she and her precious new family will be moving overseas.
Life just gets harder as you get older. This coming Saturday, a handful of my Sam girls will be graduating also and moving on to other city's and schools. Coming back in the fall will be so different without them here, I will miss them dearly! I mean, who's apartment am I going to sleep at when my roommate is gone?!
That's the other one, my precious roommate of 2 years is getting married August 4th. They're staying in Huntsville, but we all know I won't see her as much. On top of that, she's taking Macy (her dog!) with her. Macy is about my favorite thing, I love her to death. Coming home to her has been an absolute hoot, and there's always some entertainment around this place.
I don't know. I think it all just hit this weekend when graduations have been in full swing. Sometimes, I think about all that is changing and I am overwhelmed, to the point of tears. Sometimes, to be completely honest, I feel as though I am being "left behind!" I know that's of the devil, and he wants me to believe that, but I won't for one second believe that. Change is good, I just don't like it all the time! Even though that this time is hard, I know the Lord has wonderful plans for my life, too! For now, it's here at Sam for one last year. It will be different, but good. I will be getting used to the change and missing my girls, but the Lord will sustain me. He alone understands all that is going through my head. I need to remember not to dwell on the change that's about to take place, but to dwell, literally, on HIM and HIM alone. I want to serve Him in the here and now, wherever I am. In doing so, I can't be an emotional wreck!
Like I said, I'm emotional and I think this weekend just started a summer of changes and new beginnings. I am so ready, yet so anxious, happy, scared, sad, joyful and excited all in one!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
oh sweet lindsee. i love you so much.. and your blog definitely made me tear up. i know that so many things are changing.. and believe me i know that it is hard.. but i don't want you to ever think you're being left behind! you at least can't get rid of me that easily! =) i love you honey!!!
Poor Linds. I am so sad you're dealing with all of these mixed emotions. Find comfort in the Lord and the GREATER plans he has for your life...bigger than marriage, graduation, teaching, etc. Just know, I am here if you need anyone. Also, you're not losing a roommate or a dog, you're gaining new ones! Yah for a little change! Well, love you girl! Call me this week, if you wanna hang out!
Hi my precious. None of this is new, but it never seems to get any easier for you. I wish we could all stay in our little bubble sometimes. I love you and I am praying for you today!
Lindsee,
So sorry you are struggling, but I know that you are a strong woman and that GOD will get you through this. You are not left behind....you are staying for an awesome plan! Your adventure awaits! Look for it!
Lindsee! Joshua 1:9 says "Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go."
So even us staying in Huntsville, the Lord has amazing plans! I am going to NEED you next year, so don't be a stranger! I mean maybe our plans will work out, because they always do (ha!) and we will both get boyfriends next year! And have someone hold us while we cry because our lives are changing! haha! Love ya!
Oh girl! You can join in the emotional party Jesus has been taking me on this weekend. I'm crying one moment, and praising Him the next. And then I get really weird and my tears ARE praises to Him.
I know what you may be feeling in regards to being 'left behind.' But sweet girl, His will for you is not untimely. And you have such a mark to continue to leave there. I know you know this! But I am just cheering you on in this new season. I am clinging right now to the truth that He is my Alpha and Omega. And lastly, that He is my Unchanging One when all around me is in transition. (Even the Chick-fil-A near my house is being renovated. For goodness sakes LORD, could you not leave me with ANY consistency in my life right now!? lol). Love you!
Post a Comment