I just got off the phone with JJ, the Youth Pastor at my church, and it's official, I start work tomorrow as one of the youth interns!!
My heart is absolutely overjoyed that I get to partake in this experience this summer. It is a long time waiting, many summers that didn't work out, but the Lord is good and his timing is perfect!!
I will be working with Jessica, our full time girls ministry leader, and my heart is so happy. Girls ministry is so dear to my heart! I absolutely love it and nothing brings me greater joy than getting to invest in so many girls lives. Getting to know them. Praying for them. Hugging their necks. Laughing with them. Growing in the Lord with them. Being challenged by them, probably more than I know! I have been so blessed to have MANY older girls invest in my life, and I can't wait to give back and do to these girls what I have had done to me!
The journey begins tomorrow. I hope that y'all will rejoice with me and give the Lord some praise. But, more than anything, if you would join me in prayer on behalf of these amazing girls that I get to serve and myself that the Lord would work through me and in me, I would be most appreciative! He alone is worthy of praise and it's only because of HIM that I get to live out a dream!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYY!!! That is so very exciting! I am so glad for you and I know that God will use you this summer to work WONDERS in those girls!
GIVING HIM SOME PRAISE! So glad to get to share the news with you. I'm praising Him over here in GA for you! :) Bless you sweet sister! May He do immeasurable more than we could ever ask or imagine. He is such a life-changing God - Come Lord and do your thing!
I thank Him for the calling He has had upon you this summer. Go for it girl!
Yah, Lindesee!!! I am SO excited for you. I am glad it's finally official!! I hope you have a wonderful time serving those girls! Love you and still hope to see you some this summer!
Yahoo! We are gonna have some fun this summer...sorry Florida didn't work out for me. God has another plan! NY here I come!!!!
Dana
Yay:) I am so happy for you!! Its going to be wonderful and i can't think of a better person to fulfill this job...you have what it takes Linds, the Lord has give you great talent to work with people and love them! Don't foget that this summer when things get CRAZY! I am so excited i could bust!! My heart is rejoicing with my sweetest friend!!!
I love you!!
How wonderful!! These girls are so BLESSED! I can't think of a better person to love them! His timing IS perfect!
I love you!
Sally
The Lord has amazing plans for you this summer girly! Love ya tons! I am really sad we can't hang out as much! It was good to spend some time with you this past weekend! Remember to give him thanks because he considered YOU faithful for His service! Beautiful!
yay lindsee!!!!!!!!!!!! that's so awesome!!! oh how blessed those youngins will be by you!!! :)
Yea, Lindsee's "back in the money!!"
i am SOOOOO happy for you! oh linds, i'm thanking the Lord for that SWEET gift!! you're going to be such an outpouring of Jesus' love on those girls. i wish i could watch. :)
Post a Comment