Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Busy as a Bumblebee

Okay, so, is that saying really true? You always hear that people are busy as bumblebee's, but are bee's busy? I just don't know. Someone should research that, and then get paid millions. (I say that because I here such random facts and would like to know who researched that and got paid to do so?)

Anyway, if it is true, then I have been as busy as a bumblebee. At least it's all fun.

Friday I was supposed to head to Huntsville to take one of my practice tests at 7:30 a.m. the next morning. After getting home at 6:00 from being at work all day, I was absolutely pooped and knew I just wouldn't make it. Thankfully, I can take the test at a later date in July. This makes me less stressed.

Another reason that hindered my going was because we had Joanna's bachelorette/lingerie shower on Saturday and it lasted till Sunday. When I signed up for the test, I didn't know about the shower yet, if I did, I wouldn't have signed up for it. It was an absolute blast. After much preparation, and some car complications the 3 of us (me, Jen and Sal) ran all of our errands and made it to Conroe in enough time to decorate the house and be late to La Madeline's in the Woodlands. Yes, we were late to dinner. But that's what happens when a monsoon and traffic are against you. It didn't take away from the night. It was so fun, and we laughed SO much!! I am sad it's over. I want to do it again. There's just something about being with all my girls. There is never a dull moment. And oh, the cake. The cake was amazing, a barbie wearing a wedding dress. It was also tasty.

After a fun night, and late one at that, we made it home in time to have lunch with our families, take a MUCH needed nap (2 hours) and I got to take Joanna to dinner for her birthday. That was special for me because who knows where she'll be next year on her birthday.

Then came Monday. The first day of my acting career. This week at church is VBS, unlike most churches, we don't buy "VBS in a box" if you will. We create our own. This year our theme is "Deal or No Deal" meets High School Musical. Now, you may be wondering how on earth this all makes sense or even comes together to create a message. Basically, we are doing High School Musical characters (but with different names) and each day one of the characters (mainly Danny) who is Troy from HSM and portraying Daniel from the bible has to make a decision. They are offered a deal of some sort and choose the deal or choose no deal. It is fun, and I think the kids are enjoying it and catching on. The catch is that the whole youth staff, myself included, is in the skits. I am Sharpay Evans from HSM, but my name is Desire. My boss, and the youth pastor, is Ryan, my brother, but his name is Corbin. It is so much fun. We are singing songs from HSM and acting like them, which was so hard at first for me, but I think I am catching on. Today I had to bust out Hannah Montana and sing a bit of her song. OH, boy. Talk about fun.

Needless to say, it is absolutely exhausting and keeps us extra busy. As you can imagine, I come home, memorize my lines for the next day, take a shower, and go to bed. I have to get my beauty sleep! ;)

So, that is my life right now. VBS, baby. I'm lovin' it. I mean come on...We're all in this together!

Enjoy some pictures from this weekend!!

The Bride to Be!



Our newlywed :)


I love Jamie!

The new mommy! :)

My girls....

I love them so.....

\

Our food arrangement...it looked better live!! :)

The amazing cake...mmmmm!

Isn't her lingerie just gorgeous! ;)

5 comments:

Raven said...

yall are just precious! and i would of course love to hear this little portrayal of sharpay! we watched hsm the other nite.. and i seriously can't wait until the 2nd one comes out!! hahaha. love you honey.. miss you mucho!

Shelly said...

That cake is just hysterical! Glad you got to have some quality girl time...it always does my heart good as well.

And PS - What test are you having to study for (take in July?)? Did I miss that in blogville somewhere?

Love you!

Jenny said...

YAY! Thank you for putting some pictures up! :) I must say, I am very sad that I missed your acting debut. I'm sure it has been fabulous. I love you!

Megan said...

Okay, I have a request for my bachelorette party or lingerie shower, I want a barbie cake too!! That was too, too cute! Looks like you girls had loads of fun! So sad I didn't get to see you; I did not take the test either! Hope to see you soon...love you!

Little Steps Of Faith said...

Hey!
Yea, girl, we are shrivelin up here in FL lol.:-)

I was supposed to be a bridesmaid for a dear friend of mine, but a month before, I lost my job, because they know I am going back to school. I think back now, and speaking to my Distict Manager, they really did care and support me, but sometimes it is how the system works I suppose.

Anyways, Love the Barbie cake, As a child I use to put barbie in a brand new toilet paper roll, like it was her dress:-)

I am glad you had fun, and good luck with school, I am sure you will hear a lot of that from me once I get back into it again! LOL.

Be Blessed:-)

Your Siesta In Christ,

Angie