After the first line of this post, you may think I am crazy, but hang with me.
As you all know, for the millionth time, I was at Student Life (yada yada yada) last week with my Jr. Highers. And, as you all know, Vicky Beeching led worship for us. Yes, I have already mentioned how amazing she is, but y'all, her songs have truly just spoken straight to my heart the past week. I am so grateful to her for following Jesus.
She has a song called Captivated. If you get a chance, listen. It "captivates" you. But, if you know me, you know that I love anything with "captivated" in it. I love that word, mainly because I want to be Captivated by the one who has my heart.
Last week while at camp, I was looking at her CD that one of the girls had bought and was pondering whether or not I should invest (I am SO glad I did!) and saw that she had a song called Captivated. I immediately stated that that song was probably amazing, and was half tempted to buy it just because of that.
Low and behold, the last night of camp, Vicky started sharing a little bit about her testimony. She came to know Christ at a young age, then when to Oxford to study theology, all while she was writing and singing for the Lord. Now, at the age of 27, she let us know that she has come to completely fall in love with Jesus. Oh, how sweet this was to my ears. She said that he had 'captivated' her heart. Still a virgin and waiting for God's best, encouraging us that he does have a plan, but he needs to captivate our heart. I knew it. I knew she was gonna sing that for us and I was so excited I could have peed!
My whole point to this story is that my prayer for myself is that I would fall absolutely head over heals in love with Jesus. But, I have to let him in and tend to my heart. I have to accept that HE is that absolute best and that NOTHING else will satisfy my soul. Oh, how I want HIM. That I would never look away from HIM. That I would stare into the eyes of my beholder.
"May my life be one unbroken gaze, fixed upon the beauty of your face." -Vicky Beeching
Shelly, my precious blogging sister just wrote a post about how much the Lord loves us. Read this and be encouraged to know and rely on the love God has for us. It encouraged me greatly.
Lord, I want to be Captivated by you. Let know one or thing steal my heart away from you. Amen.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment