Monday, June 4, 2007

Yesterday, Today & Forever

Lately I have been hearing a lot about how God is unchanging. This is truth, but something so hard for me to grasp sometimes. I think the reason I can't grasp it is because I am ever changing.

I was just talking about how so often I want to worship the Lord fully, but I can't because I haven't spent time with him alone in months. Or, I messed up that day, or whatever other reason I can think of. Clearly, that is a lie and me being legalistic. Sad, yes. But oh so true.

I have to then remind myself that we do not worship him because of our circumstances, but because of WHO HE IS. And that is unchanging. Praise the Lord. It doesn't matter where I am or where I've been, he still deserves my whole heart and all my worship!

This past week, as I said earlier, Vicky Beeching led worship for us at Student Life Camp. She wrote a song that we started and ended the week with and I am absolutely in love with it. The chorus says "Yesterday, today and forever, you are the same, you never change. Yesterday, today and forever, you are faithful and we will trust in you!"

The song is based off of Hebrews 13:8 which says "Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever."

Praise the Lord! He is the same when we are scattered and constantly changing. Let this be an encouragement to you this week. It surely has encouraged my heart greatly!

Jesus, thank you for being an unchanging and constant God in this ever changing world. You are an anchor for our souls and something we can hold onto when our lives are constantly changing! You want and deserve our whole heart, and our worship. No one else is worthy! Take my ever changing heart and do with it what you want!!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

This post was such an encouragement to me. I found your blog through a comment you left on Vicki Courtney's Virtue Alert. In that comment you mentioned SFA, so I thought I'd check out your blog and see if you were talking about the college I go to ... yep you are! I've really enjoyed reading some of your past blog entries ... can't wait for more.

Ashley