I just got back from Student Life Camp with a bunch of the Jr. Highers at my church. I am absolutely exhausted, but so refreshed. I'm not gonna lie, I was not in the best mood about going on the trip because I have been so busy, and I knew it would be a busy and exhausting week. But, the Lord is good, and he knew I needed to be there. I think I learned more than the campers! :)
With Student life there is never a dull moment. They keep you busy, busy, busy, yet it is absolutely thrilling at the same time. Our church did Mission Camp, as opposed to just Rec Camp. It was a good experience for the our kids, as well as myself. We served at an assisted living home for 3 days, for people mainly dealing with Alzheimer's. They are too funny, y'all! We had such a great time serving them.
Wes Hamilton was our speaker, and y'all, he can bring the word. I don't think I have ever taken as many notes as I did these past 5 days. Things I have heard my whole life, were brought to me with a totally new message. I love that, the Bible is never dull.
Vicky Beeching was our worship leader. Amazing, is all can say. She brought such a sweetness to the worship times. She was genuinely in love with our Jesus, and I loved that. Not to mention that she could sing, amazingly, play the guitar, play the piano, play the harmonica, and even juggle. I was always sad when we were done worshipping. She was just that good and the Lord has amazing plans for her.
Anyway, I would love to tell you what I learned, but since I just go back I am still processing it all. Just know that I learned ALOT! I walked away more in love with Jesus. Amen to that!
Love you all, and I've missed you. But, I'm back, until I leave for Florida in a week for the Sr. High Camp! Oh, it must be the summer for Camps!

Jaclyn and I about to leave the Austin House!

Making cards for all the residents!

Playing "horseshoe" with some of the residents :)

My little brother, that all I'll say.

My "mini me!" You gotta love it!

Sweet Megan decorated my room for my birthday :)

Then, they got Hannah and I a cake. Her birthday is today (June 1st) and mine is tomorrow (June 2nd). They were too sweet!

David and Angie ;)

All of our wreaths for the residents! :)

Making the wreaths!

Playing more games...

"Pretty Nails" time!

The fun stage...and Vicky leading worship!

The group I fell in love with!
2 comments:
aww linds.. you looked like you had such a good time! i am so excited for you this summer.. you have such an amazing opportunity to serve all those younguns.. they are very lucky to have you! (btw.. i just said younguns! apparently we're old?!)
we must see each other VERY VERY soon.. i can't take the seperation much longer!
love you honey!!
Lindsee!
First of all HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
Second, this is the first year in a few years that my youth group hasn't gone to Student Life Camp at SFA! We never did the Mission Camp, we always did the Rec Camp... but I know you had so much fun and learned a lot... I always did!
Anyway, I will be seeing you soon with all of these wedding festivities!! :)
Love you! Jamie
Post a Comment