Hey, folks!!
Well, I will have you know that I have had a wonderful day...off!!!! :) JJ, my boss, was sweet enough to give me Monday off also, and I definitely used that day to catch up on some MUCH needed rest, it was a non-eventful and stress free day. Thursdays are our normal day off at the office, so, I was lucky to have 2 days off this week. (If you hear any complaining from me, just slap me and remind me of my off days!)
Anyway, as some of you may know, we leave for Florida bright and shiny on Sunday morning. So, this week has been "Get everything ready you possibly can at the office and home ready for Florida" week. It has been so fun. The past 2 days have been spent at the office, at a restaurant pinning down the details of Florida, at Big Lots, The Dollar Tree, or Wal-Mart. And yes, these have been spent with my favorite co-workers. Since Nathan, the other intern, didn't get into town until last Saturday, all 5 of us haven't been in the office together. He got here, then David and I left for Student Life Camp with the Jr. Highers. So, needless to say, this has been our first week all working together and it is so fun. We have been running around like chickens with our heads cut off, but at least we can all laugh and joke about it while still having a good time. I couldn't be more pleased. I know Florida will be a blast, I can't wait.
Today was spent, also, getting ready for Florida. But, not with the whole staff, just myself. It has been productive and I am so ready to leave for a week. I got a lot of Iron Chef stuff done with some other girls, and we can't wait for our "meal!" You see, we do the Iron Chef contest on this trip, and it is a huge deal. Everyone gets so into it, and in the end, we have winners who win "Iron Chef" hats. So fun. My girls are so creative.
Anyway, I thought I would post for a second while I wait for my grandparents to get here. Gramps and Barb live in Boulder, Colorado and drove down today to spend some time with us for the next few days. It should be fun! Actually, my whole family lives in Colorado, except for my immediate family. My mom told my dad she would NEVER live in Texas, let alone Houston. Well, here we are 22 years later, livin' it up in the great state of Texas. I am a Texan, born and raised here. I couldn't be more proud. Some people just don't get it! ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Have a blast in FL :) It sounds like you will!
And I'm so glad you had the day off! I have today off and I don't want it to end! Is that bad :)
Love you!
And YES! I did tell Beth (quickly) how Abby and I met! She got a kick out of it and absolutely "loved" it. :)
Post a Comment