"Jesus looked at them and said "With man this is impossible, but not with God; all things are possible with God." -Mark 10:27
This verse has been an "ironic" verse today! Today we had our TRUTH volunteer meeting. I mean, if I wasn't already excited about TRUTH starting next Tuesday, I am absolutely STOKED about it starting now.
Tonight we were challenged. And I am so grateful! We, as leaders for this bible study were challenged to KNOW HIM this semester. Do you know how you get to know someone?! You spend time with them. Y'all, the ONLY way we will get to know Jesus better is by spending time with him. A.K.A. getting in the WORD DAILY!
I'm not gonna lie, this is probably my #1 struggle. Don't get me wrong, I love Jesus, and want to know HIM more than I do, but I can only blame myself for not knowing Him as much as I want. No one is making me read my bible. It's a choice. HE isn't making me. But, HE is waiting for me, every morning. He is waiting for me to come to HIM. To be filled with the Spirit. To walk in the Spirit and not in the flesh.
I guess I could say we weren't as much challanged as we were TOLD to be in the word. As leaders we need to live above approach. If we are encouraging people to be in the word daily, then we sure as heck better be in the word daily. I can't hold anyone to a standard that I don't even commit to.
After meeting about the legistics of TRUTH we had a time of worship and prayer. It was great. We prayed for the ones that would come to TRUTH weekly as a bible study. We prayed for the lost souls that come. We prayed FOR lost souls to come...so that they might know and trust in Jesus as their personal savior. We worshiped the one who brought us all there. HE is worthy of all our praise and HIS name is above all names. I love him so.
Even though it wasn't exactly a real TRUTH tonight, I like to say it was a mini-one. He has brought so many volunteers, new and old and I am so grateful. I know that this semester will be great, and I am so looking forward to it. For it being my last semester in Huntsville, I want it to be my absolute best.
We are blessed to have Afshin Ziafat (www.afshinziafat.com) as our speaker all year. He was with us last year and were blown away. He is filled with the spirit and can bring the word. As he was praying tonight he prayed that as we were in college that we would embrace not our education, not our relationships, but that we would fall more in love with Jesus. That we would use this unique time in our life to know HIM more. This hit me. So many times I wonder if I'll leave here still singe. Chances are that I will. This scares me. Where on earth can I find a husband if I don't meet him at college?! Yes, I think that...often. But, the Lord is telling me to embrace HIM this semester. To know HIM. To fall in love with HIM. I am taking him up on that. I want to leave this semester with greater knowledge of my Lord and Savior, a greater love for HIM and not be worried about who I will marry. The Lord has all of that in control. I will TRUST HIM!
My challenge to you all is to hold me accountable. My goal is to get up in the morning and study his word, it may be just a Psalm or a Proverb, but it's still TRUTH that will get me through the day. That I would fill myself with the spirit and be controlled by the spirit rather than being controlled by the flesh. This takes a conscious effort, and I am willing to do it...for HIS sake, and for mine. Join me?! I know it's hard, but so beneficial.
"And you will know the TRUTH and the TRUTH will set you free." -John 8:32
On another note, I do have pictures and stories for you from this weekend. But, my computer is not hooked up to the internet yet, so I can't share pictures. I can only write from my roomates computer! It was a fabulous weekend and now Claire and Russel are Mr. and Mrs. Lambert! It was a gorgeous wedding and they are now celebrating in the Bahamas. Luckily, Hurricane Dean is not near them! I am sure they are grateful!
I also started school on Monday. I forgot how wiped out you feel the first few days of school...but boy, I'm just pooped. But, my routine is getting firm and we all know I love that!
I hope you are all having a wonderful week. Join with me in knowing HIM more. Let the TRUTH himself set you free! Friends, he IS the TRUTH!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Check out my blog I have a surprise for you girlie:-)
Angie
Lindsee..I just wanted to encourage you in the area of getting married. I totally know all the emotions that go with that - from being sad to glad and everything in between. I was 29 when I got married and really thought I never would. The Lord is so good!
love to you-
sarah
hey sweet girl! i just love reading your blogs.. especially ones about our amazing Lord! =) i hope you are having wonderful first days of school.. i'm so sad i'm not there with you guys! love you and miss you!
Amen to this blog post siesta...seriously. I completely understand where you are coming from...and you are right EMBRACE Him:)
Ang
Thank you SOOOOOOOOOO much for visiting ME! After reading this post I am even more honored to be your new friend if you'll let me! You are such a sweet girl, I can already tell! I want to read more of your posts when I get a second!
You know in your heart that in God's timing you are going to meet an amazing guy to become your husband! Don't fret... I am excited for you!!!!
Thank you for sharing your heart with us! I believe every word you said! I want to fall more in love with Him, too!
Much Love,
Angie xoxo
P.S. Your blog is SO cool!
Post a Comment