Tuesday, December 16, 2008

8 Things About Me - A Meme

Sweet Amanda tagged me to do this meme, which, that word in itself makes me laugh so hard for some reason. I could sit here for hours saying "meme" over and over again and be completely entertained. It just tickles me, just ask Jen. So, here goes my meme. And, just for the record, none of these are in any particular order!

8 TV Shows I Watch:
1) One Tree Hill (Yes, I admittedly watch it!)
2) Ellen
3) ER (Back in the day!)
4) Alias (Too bad it’s no longer on! But it was my favorite!)
5) Saved By the Bell (TBS, baby!)
6) The Office
7) Friends
8) Jon & Kate Plus 8 (Or anything on TLC!)

8 Favorite Restaurants:
1) Willie's
2) China Inn Cafe’ (Really, ANY Chinese food will do.)
3) La Madeleine’s
4) Pappasito's
5) Fuddrucker's
6) Lupe Tortilla
7) Subway
8) Olive Garden

8 Things that Happened to Me Today:
1) Made a craft with my other lady co-workers this morning. (It was an old MOP’s craft! However, I’m not too sure mine turned out that great!)
2) Ate Mexican food over a lunch meeting!
3) Was asked 3 times how many times I’ve been a bridesmaid.
4) Created a baby shower invitation that is darling, if I do say so myself, for one of our youth workers who is due in February!
5) Made a few more plates.
6) Went to my 4th Christmas Party in a matter of a week! (I know I’ve gained 20 pounds with all of these parties!) Although at this party we sat around the piano and sang songs. I can’t tell you the last time I did that!
7) Held the cutest baby Santa while at the party. And did I mention that he reached for me and gave me the biggest smile? Melt’s my heart!
8) Oh, and I kind of redecorated my office!

8 Things I Look Forward To:
1) Going to bed early!
2) Starbucks meeting in the morning! (We’re all about food!)
3) The Shane & Shane concert on Saturday night! (With Bethany Dillon!)
4) Being home with my family and sweet friends for Christmas this year!
5) Having lunch with Sally tomorrow! (Y’all, it’s been a year and a half! They just got home from Africa!)
6) Reuniting with my 3 BFF’s Sunday night. (One of which lives in Montana, the other just got home from Africa, and the last just moved back to Houston in May!)
7) My first kiss! (Or first date for that matter!)
8) Seeing what the Lord has in store for the girl’s ministry here at CBC and bible study in the Spring!

8 Things I Wish For:
1) That my hair would be long already. Someone remind me why I ever chopped it off?!
2) A Husband (Someday!)
3) Children (Someday!)
4) That I would fall head over heels in love with Jesus!
5) A cold Christmas day so it actually feels like Christmas. And I guess I’ll through some snow in there for good measure!
6) That my school debt would pay for itself! (Dream on!)
7) That all of my sweet friends still lived in Houston! I miss them so!
8) To go with #2, that someday, somebody would love me for who I am and that I would return the favor.

8 People I Tag:
1) Janelle (Who won a plate today! Go Janelle!)
2) Lisa
3) Nancy
4) Jackie
5) Debra
6) Holly
7) Amanda, can you get your Mom and Melissa to do it? HA! Kidding.
8) You, if you are reading this! And let me know!

Y'all, I am a blogging fool today! This was my 3rd post in one day. I think that's a record for me! Thanks, Amanda, for the fun meme!

9 comments:

Holly said...

Sure thing! I'll get to it this afternoon, when Sydney sleeps :-)

Praying for you this day...asking Jesus to grant every wish of your heart and that you would love Him more and more.

debra parker said...

I will do it..

Maybe this evening.

Amanda said...

Thanks for playing! One of the craziest things about being on a church staff is how many Christmas parties you have to/get to go to. This year we are only ringing in at two. That's a first! I am an ER fan too but I forgot to list it for some reason. We should grab some Chinese sometime! Have a fun day!

Jenny said...

1. I agree. I can't think or say "meme" without laughing.

2. Can I get an AMEN about China Inn Cafe?

3. Can I get an even BIGGER amen about our girls dinner on Sunday night!? PTL!

4. I love you times a billion :)

Brittney said...

I went ahead and did one for fun - and it was!

Missy said...

Alias party it is. I cried when it ended. And they don't even play reruns. HORRIBLE!

Fran said...

meme, mem, meemee, meme', mim, meem, whatevah.

Jackie said...

i did it- that was fun...thanks!

Yolanda said...

Lindsee,

I have been coming and reading from time to time. I am so intersted in your plates, but first things first.

I took the "opening" from #8 of the last 8, please come learn about me. ;-)

Lovingly striving for Higher Grounds,
Yolanda

Here is the address for my posting of the 8:

http://yolandarogers.blogspot.com/