All day at work I kept saying "What if it snowed today?!" and the response was always "Lindsee, there's no chance. It is not going to snow!" Of course, I stated my hopes over and over again until finally JJ, our youth pastor, ran down the hall saying "It's snowing!" Immediately I told him that if it wasn't, he was in big trouble. But, to my HUGE surprise, IT WAS. Our offices are all in one building and immediately, everyone was out of their office and at the doors watching the snow fall so peacefully. It was so fun! I got my camera too late, but I so wish I would have gotten it earlier because it would have been such a fun picture of everybody at the doors.
Of course, we acted like 8 year olds and we're completely giddy the rest of the afternoon. We even made some hot chocolate to top off the perfect afternoon. It actually snowed for quite a bit! Yes, we just happen to have hot chocolate at the office.
It clearly never got warmer, and then to our surprise again, we came out tonight to see our cars covered in a blanked of snow. I freaked out, yet again! Some of the students (and I'm assuming it was girls) wrote a sweet message on my car which was also very fun!
I know some people think we are freaks in the way we're acting, but, you have to understand that we are in stinkin' Houston, Texas. It just doesn't snow here. Ever. And if it does, it's just flurry's and melts the second it hits anything. Rarely does it actually stay! So, we houstonians are taking it all in. At least this houstonian is. You'd of thought I've never seen snow, and I completely have a gazillion times, but when it happens here, it is surely a time to celebrate!
Hope you enjoyed the "snow" pictures. It may be another 10 years before you see them again!
And, don't forget about the giveaway, y'all have till Monday night to enter!
6 comments:
no fair!!! We had snow but it so didn't stick like that, and we are 10 minutes away from you :(
That is so crazy to see your car with snow all over it. Yay!!!
GIRL! They said SNOW at my office and I ran to the elevators and just went and stood outside! :) I'm silly....
Fun! Fun! Fun!
That is so great!!! I'm thrilled for you all, but a little jealous too! It's like..60 degrees here in the ATL and I want it to be cold and snowing!!! Oh well....
Are you going to Converge tonight?? I would LOVE to be there..sounds like a great evening. :)
Hugs
steph.
it was so fun to see you last night Lindsee! You were on my heart big time while Beth was talking, and i know you know why. :) I am praying in agreement with Beth that this is YOUR YEAR....
I love you sweet friend....
AHHHHH you guys got a LOT of snow! We barely got any flurries in our neck of the woods!
Post a Comment