Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Converge

I think it goes without saying that Converge was absolutely amazing. When you get Beth, Travis and CeCe in a room, you just might want to be careful because there is some major anointing going on.

Thursday night started out fabulous, anyway. Before Converge I finally got to meet my blog friend, Missy! We’ve been trying to meet up for some time now, and I am so glad it finally worked out. She hosted a little party before the event and served some of her famous Oreo Balls which were absolutely to die for! Her house is also just precious. It was so kind of her to let a complete stranger (me) barge in on her and her friends and not only that, I brought my mom and another lady! 3 complete strangers, but, it was so fun and I can’t wait till we get to meet up again.

We finally made it to Converge, met up with some of the other ladies that were joining us, found our seats and then not 2 seconds later, to my joyful surprise, I look down to see Jen, Jaclyn and Cheryl sitting 6 seats away from us. I knew they were coming the whole time, but Jen didn’t know where they were sitting! THAT was a blast. All through the night we kept giggling back and forth like we hadn’t seen each other in years. Those girls are some of my favorite people in the USA. You can never get enough of the Martin family!

CeCe started us out with some fist pumping worship, and then Travis followed. Be still my heart. As if I haven’t heard that man countless times, I was just in Heaven. I mean, he’s probably one of those people that I would rather listen to live than recorded because he’s just that stinkin’ good. It was amazing and I was excited for my peeps to hear his praise team. Because we all know the level of goodness they bring along with Travis!

Then of course, Beth gave us a word, and y’all, it was a word to not be missed. I feel like the Lord gave her that word just for my own little heart to hear. I know countless other ladies were touched, also, but I love when I know it is for me, indeed. She mainly spoke about disappointment, and what is our disappointment? When we have a disappointment, we have to remember to bring it to His throne and then “Believe to the bone that God has heard you!” Because, y’all, He indeed hears us. The minute we pray, the answer is given. We will never bring a new request to the Lord, where He doesn’t remember the old one. Amen! Of course, we may not hear that answer right at that moment, but He knows it. More often than not, those big, heavy prayers we pray are one’s where we are called to wait, and that’s what hit home HUGE for me.

You see, if He makes us wait, something bigger is at stake. A bigger package, and it’s more than what we want, or what we even know/pray to want.

Her last point was “Blessed are you when what comes naturally to others comes supernaturally to you!” Um, this hit home major. Y’all, sometimes when I am praying for a husband and that the Lord would bring him sooner than later, and why in the stinkin’ world have I never even been on a date, or even why in world it is so easy for everyone else to get a date and get married, but just not me, I feel like that’s just a complaining prayer. Like poor pitiful me, He has just forgotten about me. Like really, y’all, I’m not asking him to do something HUGE that hasn’t happened for 10 million other people. However, when I start believing those lies, like He’s forgotten about me, I have to replace those with truth. Because, the truth is, HE HAS NOT FORGOTTEN ABOUT ME. I can’t believe that I am being picked on, but that I am being picked out! I have to believe that there is something way bigger for me, way bigger than I could ever ask, imagine or want. Because, it is a blessing when what come naturally to others, comes supernaturally to you. The fact that it’s going to take God to give me what I need is a blessing in itself. It may be a disguised blessing, and a hard on to wait out on, but, oh, it is so worth the wait.

I have been pondering this in my heart since Thursday night. I know I’m only 23 and that there are plenty of people out there that have grander needs than I have, but this message spoke straight to my heart. And, boy, am I ever so grateful for it.

I can’t wait for the day when I get to say what Elizabeth said in Luke 1:25, “The Lord has done this for me," she said. "In these days he has shown his favor and taken away my disgrace among the people."

I know one day I’ll be saying that only the Lord could do this for me, and oh, what a day it will be. A day to give our sweet Lord and Savior all the Glory He alone deserves!








4 comments:

Missy said...

It was SO much fun! I am so glad you got to come to the pre-party. Can't wait to get together again soon!

And girl, you are being picked OUT!

Holly said...

Someone special picked by God for you--can't wait to see and am praying for the answer!

Thank you for sharing a Word that was for me, too, across the miles.

Love you much, Sister! Yes, I do!

ocean mommy said...

What a man God has for you sweet Lindsee! And YOU are going to be quite the gift to that young man.

I love your heart for Jesus! I pray that as my little girls grow up that they will have hearts that are crazy for Jesus first. You are such an example of this for those young ladies you work with, I hope their parents grasp just how precious that is!

Hugs
steph.

Bev Brandon @ The Fray said...

Linds, I'm so glad you talked about Converge. I was on my way that night but had to cancel at last minute and was so disappointed. And here she talks about disappointment but I couldn't get there to hear about disappointment but dealt with disappointment. Got that? I hear your heart Linds about the "getting married" thing, the dating thing, and God hears your beautiful heart and what you are entering and embracing with HIM. He's calling you closer. Stay there. You know that HE alone satisfies and you so live it out! You so honor HIM! It is supernatural immeasurable power toward you, Eph 1:17, that's what you have. You know secrets of the Kingdom that most 23-year-olds have no idea. Come close. Hold fast. You are so beautiful! Love you sweet thing! Love your beautiful heart for God!