Just a forewarning: This is the unabridged recap of my weekend. It contains a lot of pictures.
This weekend was what I like to call Party Central. I attended 4 parties in less than 48 hours. To say that I am loving sitting on my couch right now enjoying 27 Dresses is an understatement. I am loving the nothingness that is this moment. I should be cleaning my room that is undeniably a hott mess, but I have no energy to tackle such a task. And y'all, it is a task. The amount of clothing strung around my room is quite embarrassing. Not to mention the many bags that need to be unpacked due to my travels as of late. I hate unpacking! Am I the only one that hates unpacking? Please tell me no.
Anyway, back to my weekend, we'll start with Thursday.
Since Thursday was my first day off since Mexico, I used it to run my many errands and enjoy a lunch at the Cheesecake Factory with Jen and Claire at the Galleria. It was so fun! Jen actually works down there and we had to exchange a few things before she went out of town, so we made a lunch date out of it and I am so glad we did! For some reason I felt so grown up that day. But, I thoroughly enjoyed it! I love sweet lunches with sweet friends. After lunch, Jen went back to work and I went and bought some "delicates" for Jen's (another Jen) lingerie shower!
Claire and I walked around a bit more, then made our trek home. That did take up most the day, but unfortunately, I had more errands to run. That night I went and bought Emily's baby shower gift that was today and y'all, I am so sad I didn't take a picture of the precious outfits I bought precious "baby J!" I am such a sucker for baby clothes.
We had tons of fun that night and are now all completely tired. Y'all, we were up until almost 5 a.m.! I am just tickled thinking about that, because even though I'm not that far removed from college, I don't remember the last time I stayed up that late. We started out at her sisters house with some wonderful food and cake and then made our way downtown. The laughing never ceased that night, it was great!

Yummy cake!

Phi Lamb girls!
Jen's sister and Aunt!


Me and the precious Bride-to-Be!



It took us f-o-r-e-v-e-r to get this picture...
Because we couldn't stop doing this!
There's nothing like some good ole' Peanut M&M's!
A few of us at Howl at the Moon...a fun piano bar!

Jen doing "If you're happy and you know it!"
Saturday started with a wonderful Bridal Luncheon! I totally forgot the place we ate at, but it was GOOD. Jen gave us the cutest little purses, slippers and scrapbook pages! And of course they are all red since her colors are gold and red! Very creative!
We love our Jen!

Here starts our photo shoot...


Love these girls!
After the luncheon, the three of us (pictured above) made our way to the Woodlands Mall. It was very convenient since we were already in the Woodlands. Our dresses are gold and we were instructed to wear red shoes, so our goal was to find some cute red shoes. However, we had no such luck. I am holding out for Dillard's at Willowbrook Mall, it is the only store I haven't been to! If Dillard's doesn't come through for me, I guess I'll be spray painting some shoes I already own! Totally kidding. I do think Dillard's will come through, I'm just hoping whatever I get won't be 4 inches tall. I don't need to be falling down the aisle.
After the mall I headed home and got ready for our TSMAC youth worker Christmas party! I did lay down for about 30 minutes, which really helped my sleepy eyes or else I don't think I'd a made it.
Our Christmas party was great! I thoroughly enjoyed the ham, deviled eggs, potato casserole, and meatballs. It felt like the Thanksgiving meal I missed out on. And of course, who can forget the dessert? I had to taste test everything just to make sure it was okay, and I'll have you know it was all delightful. I will now be attending Jazzercise every night this week to work off all the sugar I consumed last night. It was so worth it, though!
After the mall I headed home and got ready for our TSMAC youth worker Christmas party! I did lay down for about 30 minutes, which really helped my sleepy eyes or else I don't think I'd a made it.
Our Christmas party was great! I thoroughly enjoyed the ham, deviled eggs, potato casserole, and meatballs. It felt like the Thanksgiving meal I missed out on. And of course, who can forget the dessert? I had to taste test everything just to make sure it was okay, and I'll have you know it was all delightful. I will now be attending Jazzercise every night this week to work off all the sugar I consumed last night. It was so worth it, though!
While at our party, we enjoyed a nice hay ride around the neighborhood. It was fun but quite chilly! Also, I guess as a child you don't notice the roughness that is hay. I was very acquainted with it last night!
HAYRIDE!
The festive cookie cake I picked up at the mall. Pure goodness.
On the hayride with Dana!
After our party, I went home and slept like a baby. I was so tired!
I'll have you know, though, that they partying didn't end there! Today after church I enjoyed a nice Schlotzsky's meal, came home and enjoyed 2 of my neighbors puppies, then headed to Emily's baby shower. I was only there for about 30 minutes because I had small group at the same time, but y'all, she is probably the cutest pregnant girl I have ever seen. And the only way you would know homegirl is pregnant is if you saw her tummy. I am convinced she hasn't gained one pound. She is glowing! I was there so quick I didn't even get to take a picture, but check out the one I stole from her blog! Is she not the cutest thing on the block?
She and Adam moved to New Mexico after they got married, so I clearly never see her, which makes me very excited about our date this week. The 30 minutes today wasn't near enough time spent with her!
HAYRIDE!
I'll have you know, though, that they partying didn't end there! Today after church I enjoyed a nice Schlotzsky's meal, came home and enjoyed 2 of my neighbors puppies, then headed to Emily's baby shower. I was only there for about 30 minutes because I had small group at the same time, but y'all, she is probably the cutest pregnant girl I have ever seen. And the only way you would know homegirl is pregnant is if you saw her tummy. I am convinced she hasn't gained one pound. She is glowing! I was there so quick I didn't even get to take a picture, but check out the one I stole from her blog! Is she not the cutest thing on the block?
She and Adam moved to New Mexico after they got married, so I clearly never see her, which makes me very excited about our date this week. The 30 minutes today wasn't near enough time spent with her!
After the shower, I went straight to my small group where we disscussed 3 John and had some fabulous discussions! I missed meeting with them last week since I was gone, so I really enjoyed catching up. These girls are so growing on me! I just love their hearts!
That was my last stop of the weekend and I am so thankful! Not because I didn't have a great weekend, but because my body is so tired. Since Mexico I really haven't stopped and really won't stop till Christmas, so I have truly bonded with the couch since I've been home tonight. I also enjoyed the quiet when I got home! It was very nice!
Speaking of Mexico, I promise the posts are coming soon. I really am working on them, but am just trying to condense lots of information into a not so long post! But, don't think I've for one second forgotten about them. :)
Folks, if you made it to then end of this post, I so applaud you! It was long and I'm pretty sure so very boring to you. So, this would be me clapping for you. You are so patient!
Well, my movie is over, and the blog is written. That means I am going to bed. It is 10:38 (which is actually early for me!) and I am totally ready for bed! I hope you all had a wonderful, fun filled weekend! Goodnight, sweet friends!

That was my last stop of the weekend and I am so thankful! Not because I didn't have a great weekend, but because my body is so tired. Since Mexico I really haven't stopped and really won't stop till Christmas, so I have truly bonded with the couch since I've been home tonight. I also enjoyed the quiet when I got home! It was very nice!
Speaking of Mexico, I promise the posts are coming soon. I really am working on them, but am just trying to condense lots of information into a not so long post! But, don't think I've for one second forgotten about them. :)
Folks, if you made it to then end of this post, I so applaud you! It was long and I'm pretty sure so very boring to you. So, this would be me clapping for you. You are so patient!
Well, my movie is over, and the blog is written. That means I am going to bed. It is 10:38 (which is actually early for me!) and I am totally ready for bed! I hope you all had a wonderful, fun filled weekend! Goodnight, sweet friends!
6 comments:
Girl, sounds like you had SUCH a fun weekend! I love full weekends like that!
I read it all, and loved it, except some of the pictures are missing! Also missed you last night, but you try to get caught up on rest - maybe next week! love. n.
I think people are going to think we are weird because you took a picture of me signing the check... there was a story behind it people!!
Who am I kidding... people think we are weird anyway! :)
love you bestie
Oh my! Sounds like a great, although busy weekend. Okay, I know you're not going to like this comment Lindsee, but I'm feeling led to share it with you. Every time I see pictures of you, I'm aware of just how beautiful you are. Truly, you are stunning in pictures (and in person, I might add). And don't argue with me, after all I am your "elder" (lol)and wise since I am a professor! Okay, maybe not the wise part, but definitely the elder part. Anyway, just felt moved to tell you this today. Don't know why, but I've learned to be obedient. Hope it strikes some chord with you. You're truly blessed to be beautiful on the inside and outside too. And I'm blessed to count you as my friend.
Much love,
~Cheryl
i LOVE the pictures!!!!! i have waaaaayyyy so much fun with all of us together and can't wait to do it again this weekend!
love you honey!
I picked hay out of my shawl FOREVER! But I am glad it kept us so warm. So glad we got to laugh on the ride together!
Love ya!
ps why are my husband and JJ's mouth open so wide in that picture??? Hilarious!
Post a Comment