Thursday, December 4, 2008

Wishin' and Hopin' and Thinkin' and Prayin'

A few days ago, sweet Debra posted about a secret hope hidden in her prayers. It is for a BFF. Not for a man BFF (which would be her husband), but a girl BFF.

I totally understand her want for one. I think every girl deserves a BFF that knows her inside and out. Girlfriends, especially your best ones, are simply a huge blessing and treasure from above. I know this firsthand because I have been extremely blessed with some amazing BFF's. And I am not just saying that.

Sometimes I truly forget how lucky I am to have the friends I have. That is one thing in my life that has never really been lacking. They know who they are and I only hope and pray they know the blessing they are in my life and how thankful I am for them.

Her post, however, so resonated with my heart. I too have a secret hope hidden in my prayers. It is for a man BFF. For my future husband. A true best friend forever that I can do life with.

I feel like I should have a theme for my blog, because I know you all have to be so tired of hearing about my future man, whomever he may be, but it is so deep in my heart that sometimes I just have to talk about it.

I just know that I can't wait to meet my man BFF. I have to believe and have to have faith that the Lord has the absolute perfect man for Lindsee Eddy and that he won't hold back when it's time. Then again, it's all about His timing.

So, I wish, and hope and think and pray. Hope and pray for my future man BFF. I cannot wait to meet him. And wait I will.

That's my grown up Christmas list. Not that would meet him before or during Christmas, but that I would remember him and pray for him. That I would remember to pray for his heart, his mind, and that the Lord would be molding him into who he wants him to be as a husband, and that he would be molding me into the wife I need to be. I know this may sound so silly, but it is my secret hope hidden in my prayers.

What is a secret hope hidden in your prayers? I would love to hear them and pray right along with you!

P.S. Debra and her sweet family are in the process of adopting a little boy from Haiti. They have made and are selling t-shirts to raise money for the adoption process! Go here to check them out and support them. They are an amazing family and the Lord is doing huge things through them!

9 comments:

Michelle said...

Miss Lindsee Eddy... I love reading from your heart. If you were to ever venture to the Met singles group for a special event or something you have to find my brother Jeromy and say hello. He is looking and waiting for his Proverbs wife... he is awesome if I do say so myself! Just a thought... :)

Oh yes, and I still read your blog, I just forgot to comment about my lurking several post back when you asked us too!!

I am still trying to believe Kevyn is in college... how can that be?

Much love, Michelle

Katie said...

Girl, you keep on prayin, wishin, and hopin cause he's comin!!

Amy Beth @ Ministry So Fabulous! said...

Girl, thank you for saying what I'm always trying to say. And for putting it so much more eloquently than I ever could!

Gayle @ thewestiecrew said...

Awww, Lindsee what a sweet and precious prayer for your husband-to-be. I can't imagine how blessed he will be to know that you've been praying for him long before you've even met.

I posted about your plates today, and I have a giveaway for Starbucks on my blog if you're interested.

Have a great weekend!

ocean mommy said...

Lindsee,

I LOVE reading this. You know, think this man is one blessed man to have you praying for him. What's cool to imagine is that he is praying for you.

Hugs,
steph.

John and Joanna said...

My dear BFF!!
seriously i almost boo hooed when i read what you posted on Debra's blog!! I LOVE YOU!!!!!! You're so dear to me!!!
I miss running errands with you, going to the mall everyother day for a new shirt :), subway, laughing ever so hard...i miss everything about you!!!!

Missy said...

Hey girl - Keep on wishin, hopin, prayin, and LIVIN!!! Enjoy this time that God is giving you as He prepares you for your future mate! It's going to be so awesome to see how He is glorified through it all! Thanks for sharing your heart.

AbbyLane said...

amen to girl BFFs. i could not love mine more if i wanted to. she is my heart twin.

and double amen to the man BFF. i am so there.

Kelli said...

Praying for that boy BFF for you... may he be even more that you imagined... God perfected for you! I have a hidden prayer to meet really great Christian couples who live in the same city and go to our church. My heard aches for it... thank you for your honesty. :)