For those of you who are wondering why, in the first picture below, I am in 80's clothes, that's because we had an 80's skate night the Monday after retreat. I am sorry to say I haven't told you about it, because it was a thrilling event, but I was just busy telling you about everything else that's been going on.
Anyway, it was just amazing. My name was Barbie, yes, Barbie. We all made up names for ourselves because it just seemed like the appropriate thing to do, that's the name I chose.
I will say, I have NEVER been more sore in my life. No, not because I skated (and I do mean skate, they didn't have Rollerblades in the 80's!) but because the night before our fancy 80's get together, I decided to do a sweet little work out, which included doing some lunges across the field, go ahead and laugh, but I did lunges. Saying that I have probably never even done lunges in my life, that was enough to put my thighs over the edge for life. Then, add 2 hours of skating to the already sore thighs, yes, you guessed it, I could barely sit on the toilet to use the restroom. I had to grab on to something to sit down, how ridiculous is that?! I felt like an 85 year old with awful arthritis! It was a grand experience.
Just know that if lunges become apart of your everyday work out, be prepared to be awfully sore. At least if you've never done them!
80's ladies....
kiss, kiss....
"Like, hey!!"
This is my friend, Candy.
The friends...
Wanda and I...
Wanda, the real estate agent!
Wanda's family (they're a bit crazy!)
"I can't believe I got to take a picture with the popular girls..."
After 2 hours of skating, I was beat! (Do you see that shiny face!)
I was so parched, I needed some SONIC drink to quench it!
No comments:
Post a Comment