Happy April Fools Day, everyone! I hope your day was a fun filled adventure, I know mine was. Well, actually, this whole weekend was fun filled!
Friday I met up with my parents in the Woodlands and ate some mighty good Chuys. MMMMM. SO good, I love Chuys, but more than Chuys, I love the chip sauce they give you, that white stuff, it's so good! It was fun. Jen and Hannah came with me, so that is always a fun time! I love my parents, they buy me and my friends free dinner! :)
Saturday was the much anticipated ISLAND PARTY at A&M! What a blast it was. We were so looking forward to hearing Warren Barfield, but unfortunately, we literally walked in right when he was leaving the stage. Sad day. But, all was well, because we got to see plenty of other amazing artists, including Bethany Dillon and Jimmy Needham. I love them both. The Lord truly shines through them and their music and I am in awe! Jimmy spoke such truth over the group, as did his new wife. They are absolutely precious and I love their heart for the Lord. Saturday was just refreshing. I was with my girls, Hannah and Raven. Do you know why I love them?! Because they are amazing. They encourage me so much. I know the Lord, without a shadow of a doubt, has placed them in my life at this certain time, because he knew I would need them. And, oh, I do! We got to have our 2nd "singles" date, and it was a GREAT one at that! Oh, and I totally got to see my precious Claire! I got "just Claire" time. It was fun, this girl makes my heart giggle! :)
Now for Sunday, oh, sweet Sunday! I went to church, went to lunch, you know, the norm. Then, me and Jen decided to take a random trip to the Woodlands to look for formal dresses. This seemed appropriate saying that formal is in 3 weeks, and frankly, I just haven't thought about it. But, of course, no luck for either of us. Oh well, I won't fret, I will surely find one!
Now for the best part of Sunday. This would be the FREE concert in the Pit with Phil Wickham & Shawn McDonald!! :) Oh, what an amazing time it was. The Lord was SO there, it was pure worship for 2 hours. The best part about it, though, was that it was put on by Program Council here at Sam. Now, let me tell you, even though many Christians work for program council, not all are, and it is definitely not a christian organization. So, to see people worship the Lord, on campus, for 2 hours, simply blew me out of my socks! The Lord IS gonna get HIS glory EVERYWHERE! Even in the middle of the SHSU campus. And, praise HIM for that! It was such and encouraging time, I was refreshed to say the least!
I hope you all had a wonderful weekend. Just remember, this week coming up was one of Jesus's hardest weeks. We are going into Easter weekend, one of the HUGEST times in history when the Lord died for all of us on the cross to show his love for us, but, the greatest part is HE CONQUERED death and rose again on the 3rd day, wow. Know that as you go about your week. I pray that we would all seek the Lord this week in such an honest way that when we seek him, we find him! Oh, how sweet it is!
The "Cypress" girls at IP
My loves.
We're crazy. And, we know it.
Raven and I
Phil Wickham!
Shawn McDonald!

Some of the Lambs with Phil. Yeah, we go way back!
Raven and I at Sonic. We were waiting for our food. It took forever! ;)
I'm ghetto. I just really need you to know this.
Okay, but I am a bit crazy!
2 comments:
so i'm pretty sure i don't even know if i can leave comments on here. but i just read this whole thing and smiled and laughed the whole time! especially when i got to the sonic part!! but i do want you to know that you are an absolutely wonderful friend.. especially for sacrificing seeing the wonderful warren barfield just to spend the day with me! love you girl! =)
Oh how I love and miss you. Those pictures crack me up!
Post a Comment