Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Crashing Computer...Oh, the Joy!

As of right now, I am sitting in one of the lovely SHSU computer labs. Why you ask? Well, not only am I trying to be productive but, my sweet computer that has gotten me through 4 years of college, has crashed.

I got home yesterday to do my normal routine of turning on my computer, than fixing lunch while my computer boots up. While my water was boiling (for my spiral macaroni!) I decided I'd check my email. Well, low and behold I walk into my room just as my computer starts turning off and then proceeds to beep at me.

I, being the computer junkie that I am, decided that it was probably updated, so I would just turn it back on. It didn't quite happen like that. As I turned it back on, all it does is beep...beep...beep. I was so confused.

I decided to check on my boiling water, at this point it was boiling over (lesson #1: don't leave your boiling water unattended!)

I came back in my room, to try starting my computer, once again, and the same thing happens...beep...beep...beep.

So, I do what any girl would do, I call my dad. Now granted, he is in Louisiana at this point and I can only explain to him what is going on. He can't fix it from there. He assured me that is was probably OK, it just needed a little fixin'.

He called me back to tell me that when he was on his way home, from Louisiana, that he would stop by Huntsville and fix it. This just seemed like a crazy idea to me. So, he gave me the phone # for the man who knows computers probably better than he knows himself.

With Joanna's help, and Steve guiding me on the phone, we FIXED my computer. Yes, you heard it, Joanna and I fixed my computer all by ourselves.

I should apply to work at computer services, they could probably use my service!! ;)

Anyway, we were so proud. Thank you, Steve, for being so patient with me on the phone.





Have you ever seen the inside of a computer?! Because, I can I assure you I hadn't before I opened mine. It is very interesting, I still don't understand how that one box can do so much for us. Lord, thank you for the people that build computers. Without them we'd be lost!

*I sit here in great disappointment to tell you that my computer crashed again. It is now on it's way to Houston to be fixed. This means I am at the mercy of either my roommates computer, or one of the fine Sam Houston labs. I guess I'll be getting my moneys (or my parent's money!) worth. So, sorry if I can't update as much.

Maybe this is the Lord taking the Internet away from me for a reason...to get all my work done!! Although, I do need a computer to do mostly all of it!! :) It's okay, I'll be spending some quality time here in the lab. It's a fun place to be!! ;)

4 comments:

Jenny said...

Oh Wow. I am so proud of you girls!! Haha...

Anonymous said...

Can i just say an experience i am delighted i experienced :) What a joy to be the fixer of a computer even if it only fixed it momentarly!!
I love you Linds!!
Jo

adam and laura said...

i have a blogspot now.. i know you can't believe it. =) but now my mom doesn't have to have facebook, myspace to see what i'm up to! =)

adam and laura said...

i may need some blogging tutorials. how do you put the frequently looked at people on the side column like you have? =) i figured out the picture thing, i took me nearly 2 hours to do everything.. can't wait to see you tomorrow.. i'm so excited! =)