I promised Joanna I would have lunch with her at work on Friday at the YMCA! (Oh, the sweet times at the YMCA!) She only has 30 minutes to eat, so I decided to bring her some yummy Chik-Fil-A. Low and behold, Jennifer was in town, so, knowing this she decided to come with me and surprise Joanna with her presence. We had our own little "play date" outside in the absolutely gorgeous weather, it was a fun picnic and it gave Joanna a little break! I love my girls!
After this, me and Jen just tooted around and did basically nothing productive. We went to the mall (with every other Houstonian in Texas) to look for Easter clothes, and me a formal dress, and NOTHING. We both walked away with nothing. It seriously was just a bit overwhelming in that mall. It wasn't the most enjoyable experience. We did get our "cookie company" cookie, though, and that simply made our days.
That night we cooked out with our familias. I always love doing this! It is just such fun, and so relaxing. My dad grilled some burgers and I BURNED some brownies. Sound exciting?! OH, but it was!
The brownie fiasco was all me. While Jack and Cheryl went to the store, I was in charge of getting out the brownies at 5:00, sharp. Well, when I get to talkin', I just get to talkin' and time just stands still. At 5:20, they got back from the store and asked where the brownies were. This is when I immediately freaked out and ran to the oven, where the brownies were clearly overcooked. It's okay, we still ate them that night. They were delightfully chewy and the brownies came out WHOLE. ;)
I just love Fridays like that! Who doesn't?! Anyway, I am excited about tomorrow and singing in the choir. We had rehearsal this morning and I enjoyed it. Singing really does bring me absolute joy, I love it! And, needless to say, it's Easter. Who wouldn't enjoy singing about our RISEN savior and ALL he's done for us. It puts a smile on my face. I hope you can smile about that, too!

Our picnic at the YMCA!!!! :)

My brownie, that came out "whole!" I really should stop baking, I just can't seem to do things right! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment